Created a new video gameplay & tutorial for Legacies hard, playing as Tinkers!

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
cpl_kindel

Created a new video gameplay & tutorial for Legacies hard, playing as Tinkers!

Postby cpl_kindel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:38 pm

I just picked up this game on steam earlier this week, it's excellent! It’s a turn based 4x space game similar to master of orion 2. The tactical combat system is excellent. I think the game has been out almost a year, but it just came out with the first DLC module called Legacies which added another alien race called the Tinkers which are similar to the Borg. I was so impressed with the game that I actually felt motivated to create a gameplay & tutorial youTube video for the game which I’ll paste the link to here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB-5wj9gYBM

This is an excellent game well worth the $14 price tag + $5 ish for the Legacies DLC. Those of you who are 4x turn based strategy game addicts will love this!

The first video is about 1.25 hours long, but it is my very first youTube video & I spent quite a lot of time editing as well as providing very detailed analysis of where all the resources are coming from etc (e.g. how the industry is exactly calculated to the decimal point, so to speak). I hope that people who newly purchased this game and are looking for very comprehensive tutorial will like this, my gameplay is also hard .... I tend to overrate myself, just due to a lifetime of playing strategy games (expecially very complicated strategy boardgames such as ASL, AWAW, Magic Realm, etc..). I hope to get some feedback on my video (apparently it's buried way down in the search results for some reasons:
1) I just posted the video 3 days ago & it doesn't have many views & subscribers,
2) I haven't fully figured out how to optimize the search results .. creating a video is just half the battle, apparently there's this whole other element called SEO (search engine optimization) that determines where your video gets placed in the search results (I couldn't find my video in the first 20 pages of results for "stars in shadow" !!! ... which is very disappointing).
3) I'm more of a creator, developer, worker .... I really don't like doing sales & marketting (which is what SEO essentially is).

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any responses, especially from new players purchasing the game who are looking for a good tutorial/gameplay, but certainly any responses from anyone would be more than welcome (If you liked the video & found it useful, don't be afraid to subscribe). I plan on starting the next couple of videos tomorrow & editing on Monday, hopefully I'll get part 2 out by Tuesday.

bjg

Re: Created a new video gameplay & tutorial for Legacies hard, playing as Tinkers!

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:38 am

I can clear one of the mysteries you seem to be bothered with in the video. The 5 research points (per turn) are just given to your race. You've read it on the start screen, but misunderstood. You can also read about it in the top left area of the research screen.

cpl_kindel

Re: Created a new video gameplay & tutorial for Legacies hard, playing as Tinkers!

Postby cpl_kindel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:04 am

Great! thx for watching the video!

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:17 am

cpl_kindel wrote:Great! thx for watching the video!

Can't say I've liked it. The feelings where very mixed at best.

Return to “General Forum”