Mouse cursor hidden

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
tanstaafl

Mouse cursor hidden

Postby tanstaafl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:34 am

My copy of Stars in Shadows was bought on Steam, not GOG.

I have a AMD Radeon RX580 w/8GB on a DELL 5675 desktop (Ryzen 7 1800X CPU, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Home x64). The mouse cursor works but is not visible, so I can't play the game. I can only detect its presence if its over a menu icon, causing it to highlight. When that happens I can use the mouse to exit the game etc. The game properly identifies the card in the lower right corner on startup.

I upgraded to version 17.10.1 of the Radeon drivers without the optional relive feature. DXDiag identifies it as version 22.19.685.0, dated Oct 4, 2017. No change.

I tried selecting simplified graphics and disabling arrow panning in the games options. No effect. I can see the cursor spinning against the stars in shadow logo as the program starts but when it displays the main screen its not visible. If I select "new game" I still don't see the cursor and now neither it or using the mouse wheel seems to have any effect.

I'm using a new PC. My prior PC (which died a month ago) had no problems. It didn't have a graphics card, it was using the built-in graphics of a Intel i7 CPU.

Suggestions?

Return to “General Forum”