Tech: Dreadnaughts?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
fonzosh

Tech: Dreadnaughts?

Postby fonzosh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Today I raided a priate base, boarded a ship and got the tech Dreadnaughts? This tech doesnt exist in my tech tree and apparently doesnt do anything. Is it some sort of 2 step way to get Super Dreadnaughts by taking it from the pirates instead of researching it?

nweismuller

Re: Tech: Dreadnaughts?

Postby nweismuller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm

fonzosh wrote:Today I raided a priate base, boarded a ship and got the tech Dreadnaughts? This tech doesnt exist in my tech tree and apparently doesnt do anything. Is it some sort of 2 step way to get Super Dreadnaughts by taking it from the pirates instead of researching it?

Not all playable factions have battleships or battlecruisers as a design; those factions lack Dreadnoughts in their tech tree. Other factions could make use of that technology, and then be able to build battleships.

eric

Postby eric » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 am

nweismuller wrote:
fonzosh wrote:Today I raided a priate base, boarded a ship and got the tech Dreadnaughts? This tech doesnt exist in my tech tree and apparently doesnt do anything. Is it some sort of 2 step way to get Super Dreadnaughts by taking it from the pirates instead of researching it?

Not all playable factions have battleships or battlecruisers as a design; those factions lack Dreadnoughts in their tech tree. Other factions could make use of that technology, and then be able to build battleships.

Sounds like another issue need to be fixed...

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Due to the diversity of hulls for different factions, not every tech will have a hull to unlock, but still may be necessary as a prerequisite for later techs.

Return to “General Forum”