Positive Morale - What does it do?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Wyvern

Positive Morale - What does it do?

Postby Wyvern » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Or, rather, does positive morale do anything for population units that are neither refugees nor rioting?

The penalties of negative morale seem pretty straightforward; chance of riots that render population units non-productive*; chance of outright revolts if enough people are unhappy relative to available ground troops / militia. Is there anything here that I'm missing?

_____
* Though I think they still count towards the population thresholds for buildings?

Edit: This quote from this post seems to answer my question:
Arioch wrote:We also plan to add some positive effects for high morale, which cyborgs will be unable to benefit from.
At least, the implication is that positive effects for high morale aren't currently in-game.

Arioch

Re: Positive Morale - What does it do?

Postby Arioch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Positive morale currently doesn't do anything, but that should change soon.

zolobolo

Re: Positive Morale - What does it do?

Postby zolobolo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Wyvern wrote:Or, rather, does positive morale do anything for population units that are neither refugees nor rioting?

The penalties of negative morale seem pretty straightforward; chance of riots that render population units non-productive*; chance of outright revolts if enough people are unhappy relative to available ground troops / militia. Is there anything here that I'm missing?

_____
* Though I think they still count towards the population thresholds for buildings?

Edit: This quote from this post seems to answer my question:
Arioch wrote:We also plan to add some positive effects for high morale, which cyborgs will be unable to benefit from.
At least, the implication is that positive effects for high morale aren't currently in-game.

It has just been mentioned on another thread that positive morale is planned to get a bonus with the next expansion

Consider it for now as a buffer for your war effort when you are going to bomb other civs, endure some bombing and starvation yourself, and mistreat your slaves...

Return to “General Forum”