Trade and Research Treaty Calculation

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
nweismuller

Trade and Research Treaty Calculation

Postby nweismuller » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:26 pm

How are the values of trade and research treaties calculated? I don't know the details, but I know from experience that it seems as if the majority of the revenue of my neighbors comes from their trade with me, while the benefit of any individual trade treaty for me is relatively minor. (And yet, I keep on concluding trade treaties.)

Arioch

Re: Trade and Research Treaty Calculation

Postby Arioch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Trade Charters add new foreign trade routes which are more lucrative than the standard internal routes you start with. Your transports in the trade pool will automatically select the best routes.

I don't know exactly how these values are calculated, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 am

Arioch wrote:Trade Charters add new foreign trade routes which are more lucrative than the standard internal routes you start with. Your transports in the trade pool will automatically select the best routes.

I don't know exactly how these values are calculated, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Yeah, I knew that much- I was more curious how it determined how many foreign trade routes (or research points) you get from a treaty.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:49 am

A quick look at the code gives what appears to be a wrong answer, so I think this is something Sven will have to answer.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:38 am

For what it's worth, the 'more valuable' foreign trade routes provide a bonus two coins apiece when taken advantage of, on top of the normal one coin income for a worked trade route. But I can't quite work out how it determines how many foreign trade routes are available...

As an experiment, I just dissolved all my trade charters in my current game. Every other empire I had contact with lost ~1600 coins of income each, dropping from quadruple digit incomes to double digit incomes (with Humanity and the Gremak Empire actually dropping into double-digit negative incomes), and I lost ~500 coins of income total from the lost trade from five other empires, dropping from 3.6k income to 3.1k income. I feel as if they were getting the better deal...

Honestly, it almost feels strange that there's no cap on the ability to take advantage of trading with an economy much larger than your own- although precisely how that could be improved is something I'd have to ponder.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:43 am

nweismuller wrote:Honestly, it almost feels strange that there's no cap on the ability to take advantage of trading with an economy much larger than your own- although precisely how that could be improved is something I'd have to ponder.

Suggest that the size of the trade pools be displayed on the diplo screen for each empire. This will not only be helpful for troubleshooting, but also to help determine how much benefit a trade-route would bring to the player and generally: KPIs on other empires are always a good thing and there are not that many

Return to “General Forum”