Cannot update through Steam?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
rustyi

Cannot update through Steam?

Postby rustyi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:38 am

Hi there,
I'm at version 19681 (2-3-2017) and see in the changelog that 19770 is the latest version.

I've tried the following, but cannot get the latest version:
- Restarted Steam
- Restarted Computer
- Cleared download cache
- Verified Game File Integrity
- Uninstalled and reinstalled game

Is there an updater or something I can use to get the latest version? I was early access, so no worries about potential instability from being on a beta or dev channels (although, right now, I would settle for getting the latest stable).

Arioch

Re: Cannot update through Steam?

Postby Arioch » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:57 am

The Steam development update posts still link the dev system changelog; perhaps we should change that. We do our testing on a private development test system; we have "dev" and "stable" versions for the testers on our private system; these are not normally available through Steam.

As of this posting, the current "dev" build is 19774, the "stable" test build is 19770, and as far as I'm aware, the most recent Steam release build is 19673. I'm not sure how you're at 19681 through Steam.

If you want to do testing on our dev server -- and we can probably use some new hands there -- you have to be willing to set up the dev updater, which is not run through Steam. But if you're just looking for the latest public Steam version of the game, you already have it.

rustyi

Re: Cannot update through Steam?

Postby rustyi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Would love to help out with testing! This is an awesome game you two have put together and would love to help :)

Return to “General Forum”