Different issues with current state of the game. (v19500)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
newanilamo

Different issues with current state of the game. (v19500)

Postby newanilamo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 am

First of all sorry for my English grammar.

Some of this issues are already mentioned in current Bug report topic. But I think its ok to duplicate.

From the global map it is currently possible to see detailed fit (design) of any ship or planetary defense installation. But when combat occurs, you cannot see it anymore.
More logic way seems to be possible to see details only for your empire ships and structures on global map. And to make possible to see everything in combat. Or, what is much better, is to implement new techs, one for combat (less research points) and another for global map (more advanced tech).

When you play for Phidi or Gremak you can hire mercenary which are cheap and strong. But AI controlled empires does not do so.

When you establish an embassy it is shown what it will cost 5 credits per turn. But those money does not distract from your income.

Same thing happens when you agree to pay tribute to Gremak Marauders. Requested amount of money only distract once not every turn. I think it is the reason why playing on Brutal difficulty level is even easier when on Hard. Because of very powerful Gremak Marauders who are almost always at peace with you (you just pay them one time) and constantly attacking AI players, clearing planets and exhausting they fleets.

At present moment strategic planning of AI players is very weak. I'm sure what it is possible to improve it much but I'm also sure what any improvement won't match to human strategic planning. So I'm looking forward to see multiplayer in this already great game!

jtrowell

Re: Different issues with current state of the game. (v19500)

Postby jtrowell » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:39 pm

It is possible to see the design of a ship during combat, just click on the ship picture at the bottom (where the current level of shields and armor are shown)

If you want to look at an ennemy ship or planet, first select the ship by left clicking on it

zolobolo

Re: Different issues with current state of the game. (v19500)

Postby zolobolo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 am

It seems that the tribute costs have been reported several times to be missing.
It seems a bit difficult to tell as the finance menu only shows a rough summary but based on the changes of the overall funds when conducting such actions, they seem to be correct: these amounts are only subtracted once - please fix

This makes the AI seem even more incapable as it does not seem to bribe its way out of a pirate or Marauder attack
Suggest, to fix the above to make it harder for the player to do the same + show on the diplomacy screen who has bribed the specific Marauder or Pirate faction. Each additional briber should pay more, and it would make it clear if and when the AI is using this function.

Return to “General Forum”