Question on Beta, let's play's and AAR's

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Hakon

Question on Beta, let's play's and AAR's

Postby Hakon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

Just a quick question for Sven and Arioch.

What's your stance on AAR's and Let's play Youtube/Streaming content during beta? I signed up for beta back in december and didn't really have any intention of doing anything like that, but my youtube channel has been dormant for awhile and I've had more time on my hands of late, with HW:Remastered coming out at the end of this month I've been thinking of reactivating it and maybe doing some streaming too.

Obviously it's up to you guys what's OK to show, and it's understandable if you don't want any video content out in the wild before the game meet's your standards for polish or feature completeness.

Just thought I'd ask, since I'm interested in doing content but don't want to step on any toes.

Edit: Just saw discussion on this topic in the map size and range thread which pretty much answer's the question, still I'll leave this up since it might be useful to have an 'official' response in an on topic thread.

echo2361

Re: Question on Beta, let's play's and AAR's

Postby echo2361 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 pm

There is an official post about this titled Sharing Pre-Release Content (Please Don't) in the beta tester forum you should be able to see.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Question on Beta, let's play's and AAR's

Postby sven » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

There is an official post about this titled Sharing Pre-Release Content (Please Don't) in the beta tester forum you should be able to see.

Yes -- but Hakon's not yet in the beta, so he can't see it :)

What that post does say, and what I don't think we've yet stated publicly, is that the restrictions on sharing videos, screenshots, etc. that we're currently asking testers to abide by will get looser over time. We haven't yet decided exactly how or when that will happen, but, basically, I want our development process to be a relatively open one.

Return to “General Forum”