omg alex is an erfworld redshirt

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
sven
Site Admin

omg alex is an erfworld redshirt

Postby sven » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:04 pm

indulging in a totally off-topic post here, because this just made my morning :)

erfworld and outsider are the only 2 webcomics i'm currently supporting via patreon-style donations, and it appears that i'm not the only one who's a fan of both worlds, as the artist of erfworld just stuck an outsider shout-out into today's update.

um, that is all :)

halftea

Re: omg alex is an erfworld redshirt

Postby halftea » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:24 pm

And here I hadn't even checked for an Erfworld update today. Totally made the rest of my day!

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:49 am

It's a cute drawing of Alex. I backtracked a few pages, but don't have much of a clue what's going on.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:14 am

Arioch wrote:It's a cute drawing of Alex. I backtracked a few pages, but don't have much of a clue what's going on.

the very short summary is that erfworld is the story of a hardcore strategy gamer who's become trapped inside one of his own games.

for a somewhat longer orientation -- your best bet is probably to read the first 20 pages of the comic.

the big running joke is that everything about the world is a reflection our hero's knowledge of pop and/or geek culture. so, for example, other minor characters that we've encountered recently include erfworld versions of mr. rogers, tin-tin, boromir, ned stark, and ringo star :roll:

evil713

Postby evil713 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Nice. :D

Return to “General Forum”