Combat Question

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
anamiac

Combat Question

Postby anamiac » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:23 am

Hi,

I've played Galactic Civilizations II. In that game, if your units survive, well, they have lost some hp, but that's it. A 150 HP Dreadnaught is going to do the exact same amount of damage as a 75 hp Dreadnaught, and it's also going to have the same speed, sensor range, shield power, etc.

What I would like to see is a system where, if you take damage, your ship is going to behave subpar until you get it fixed. Maybe some of your weapons/engines/onboard systems are blown up. This damage could occur in the middle of a battle, meaning that for the rest of the fight you're down to only 2 heavy Grav cannons or whatever. Perhaps a special type of tender/repair ship could follow your fleet around when you're far from home base to repair the ships afterwards.

The other thing that annoyed me about GC2 battles were that the AI always dictated which ship got attacked first, etc. But I understand that's not the case in SiS.

Arioch

Re: Combat Question

Postby Arioch » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 am

Weapons and other components do take damage in addition to the hull, so a ship will lose offensive effectiveness as it takes damage. All damage is repaired automatically when you return to friendly territory.

You choose which ships to target when it's your turn (and the AI chooses which of your ships it will target on its own turn).

anamiac

Re: Combat Question

Postby anamiac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:40 am

Excellent!

Return to “General Forum”