yuppi - MOO gets a new edition!

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
enpi

Re: yuppi - MOO gets a new edition!

Postby enpi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:51 am

I just read that this game has realtime combat. What an abomination. An real MOO successor has tb and not rt combat. I want to apologize for my unfounded enthusiasm. What I learned about this debacle: Wargaming.net may have been good in their earlier days but now they are as misleaded as other companies.

Gilleous

Postby Gilleous » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:25 am

1) Real-Time combat in a TBS is not a bad thing. Ask a certain franchise called Total War. Now obviously since the first two, the two people admire, was full TBS it does mean there is a tradition and it's always disappointing when a tradition is thrown away without good cause reason (to go back to Total War, it started as a hybrid, that's its legacy).

2) I heard that article jumped the gun. Another article stated that we don't know yet what way it's going. Now it can be concerning why the information has not yet been revealed. By the time we get to demos (even hands-off ones) and leaked images, you tend to have the systems defined and mentioned. So why haven't they said what combat would be like?

Lastly, be careful about taking every bit of information right away, especially during a convention. Too many people want to be the first scoop that they tend to fail at basic fact checking. This is especially true for smaller sites, but even big sites have been know to derp hard in this regard.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm already getting a Space Quest feel from the game with the Mrrshan having every human schtick in their conversations. I just hope it's there as a promo.

But so far, anything is better than Moo3.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:45 pm

I like the light-hearted feel of what I've seen so far, which is a nod to the first game (the Psilons in particular are adorable). But I did cringe at the Mrrshan leader's "cat on a hot tin roof" quip. Humorous dialogue is fine, but English idioms and American pop-culture references totally kill the immersion of a supposedly alien race.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Arioch wrote:I like the light-hearted feel of what I've seen so far, which is a nod to the first game (the Psilons in particular are adorable). But I did cringe at the Mrrshan leader's "cat on a hot tin roof" quip. Humorous dialogue is fine, but English idioms and American pop-culture references totally kill the immersion of a supposedly alien race.

I couldn't agree more.

Return to “General Forum”