Victory conditions?

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Jodet

Victory conditions?

Postby Jodet » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Will there be more than just 'wipe everyone else out'?

sven
Site Admin

Re: Victory conditions?

Postby sven » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Jodet wrote:Will there be more than just 'wipe everyone else out'?

Eventually, yes. We certainly will do at least one "research based" victory condition. And a win condition based on conquering a super-advanced NPC faction will probably be included. Arioch's a fan of the "galactic council" win condition from MOO2, so I expect you'll see something similar to that as well.

What's a bit unusual about our plans is that some, though not all, of the special victory types are intended to be things that are developed as "quests" in-game. We'll be talking more about this once our plans are closer to finalized :)

Sziklamester

Postby Sziklamester » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Allied victory and a free for all game. I would like a sandbox like element in game when you wiped up every enemy and enslaved them you can choose finish the game or do playing.

The council idea is nice and It would be nice a system which are in Galciv1-2 where you can choose from political party and you should rule wisely because the population and other parties can ruin your goals.

enpi

Postby enpi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:38 am

different victory conditions are good, but you should not forget that different victory conditions should also demand radical different game strategies form the players.

Eg. if you go for a victory against a advanced race you have to have alot of combat ships no? If I want to achieve military victory against the other players I have to have alot of combat ships too. So is there a fundamental different game strategie between those 2 victory conditions, or do I just go for the same techs, the same number of ships, the same ship designs and instead of bombing normal enemy planets I bomb now the planets of the old master race?

rattle

Postby rattle » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:13 am

What I found is that the more base production you've got the more colonies, money income (freighters etc.), rushed projects, ships in the field and more RP through more population you're going to have thus having a higher chance to get either victories than a research focused race.

Return to “General Forum”