Introduce yourself :)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
sven
Site Admin

Introduce yourself :)

Postby sven » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

A thread in which to say hello. (As is traditional on most online forums.)

echo2361

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Postby echo2361 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Guess I'll start off. I'm a long time fan of 4x space strategy games. My favorites include SOTS, Stardrive, and Endless Space. I've gone back and played some of the classics like Space Empires and MOO2, but I'm always in search of the next big thing in 4x gaming. I'm involved in a lot of 4x game alpha and beta development currently and I'm looking forward to the future of Stars in Shadow with great interest!

P.S. I am also a soon-to-be self-published science fiction author so you can expect to see fan fiction stories and such from me at some point in SiS's future :)

Smight

Postby Smight » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello , I go by Smight on most of the forums,
love the look of the game, looking forward to seeing it in action
Found out and applied for Beta few days ago, when are you adding more people?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Smight wrote:Found out and applied for Beta few days ago, when are you adding more people?

"Soon." But I'm afraid it's hard to give an estimate that's much more accurate than that ;) We've got a few more features we want to add before widening the beta distribution, and we're also going to need time to fix any outstanding problems discovered by the first set of testers. I'd like to invite in a larger batch of testers before the end of the month, but, we'll have to see how it goes.

bcasner

Postby bcasner » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 pm

bcasner here, been playing space based games since the invention of the 8088. Looking forward to working with ya'll and helping the development of Stars in Shadow go forward! :D

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 pm

MHarmless here, been playing space conquest games since Overlord on my Amiga 500, early 90s.

Cereth

Postby Cereth » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 am

Hello everyone

I've been playing empire management games of different varieties in space and fantasy settings. My recent ones are The Last Federation (yes, I count that as an empire management game), Pandora: First Contact, and Endless Legend.

I am looking forward to SiS in general and to getting my hands on the beta, as this seems like a real good game to me.

PS: By the way... Are you going to release DRM-free or via Steam? Excuse me if I overlooked that information somewhere...

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:00 am

Cereth wrote:PS: By the way... Are you going to release DRM-free or via Steam? Excuse me if I overlooked that information somewhere...

The beta, at least, is DRM free. Of course there's a chance we'll start working with one of the larger publishers at some point, but, for the time being, we're just distributing builds independently.

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:15 am

Hey guys,

DevildogFF here! My first-ever PC gaming experience was the original Civilization and I've been hooked on 4X ever since. My favorites include Master of Orion 1 & 2, Civ, Ascendancy, Distant Worlds, GalCiv, and Rise of Nations. Hell, every decent 4X game since Civ :)

I even started a website a few months ago meant to champion the genre and an associated Steam Group. Needless to say, I'm super passionate ;)

Stars in Shadow is easily the most promising surprise 4X game I've ever stumbled on. I'm very excited to help and look forward to exploring SiS with you guys!
http://www.eXplorminate.co - A 4X Gaming Community

Gilleous

Postby Gilleous » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:31 am

Hello everyone!

I'm Gilleous. I been a huge fan of the 4X genre since the early days. I actually played the first triad of MicroProse back when they were new games. Yup, that's the tree: Master of Magic, Master of Orion, and the first Civilization game. Obviously, I was a huge fan of Master of Orion 2. I've always been eager to try out new 4X games over these many decades. I also play other types of strategy games as well.

Stars in Shadow definitely got my attention. One thing that got my attention was the visual style and art, which I really love. It seems to give the game a distinct and attractive character just by looking at it.

I hope to see more of it.

Sky

Postby Sky » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Hey.

Nice to see the forums up n running, one more step closer to the success. ;)

As most of people here i do prefer 4x games upon other genres, still does not exclude anything interesting. The art of Stars in Shadow is quite refreshing with a nice calm feel, hope the rest of the game will be outstanding too. Looking forward to be a part of this community and the beta testers, when allowed to join in.

luciderous

Postby luciderous » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello guys!

Just like many others here, I am also a veteran gamer - starting my first forays into 4X domain circa 1993, when I've got my first i486-based PC, with DOS 5.22 and my all time favorite Master of Magic and X-COM games. Quite soon this list got extended with Master of Orion 1 and 2, Civilization and on, so I feel pretty confident that I know a thing or two about TBSs in general and quite a lot about Microprose legacy in particular ;)

I hope we'll get a lot to discuss here with the first playable beta builds of SiS coming along. I am definitely excited to give it a go!

nandus

Postby nandus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey guys. I've been a devoted 4X fan for a long time, ever since Civilization and Master of Orion came out; which were the games that got me hooked to the genre. Specifically to space 4Xs, my favorites have to be MOO2, Pax Imperia:ED and GC2. I also enjoy deeply other strategy sub genres, such as RTSs and wargaming.

What I found most interesting about SIS is the unique art style in the genre and the turn based tactical combat, but it seems great in all other aspects as well. In any case I hope to get into the beta to find out more about the game and help out to make it the best 4X ever.

VagabondZOD

Postby VagabondZOD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello, another long time 4x player here. Started with Civ on my brother's Amiga on Settler difficulty and I barely won. As it turns out I was initially pretty terrible at 4x but I've been playing them for 25 years now so I'd like to think I've moved up to tolerable. These days I've got a family with 2 young kids and I get to play as much every week or two as I used to play in a day. My interest in Stars in Shadow is linked to my own schedule limitations. A streamlined 4x getting inspiration from SotS and MoO II amongst others is music to my ears. That and it looks fantastic.

Devildogff

Postby Devildogff » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:29 pm

For those of you on Steam that haven't found us yet, join the group eXplorminate for a community of 4X gamers. We have giveaways, talk 4X and all sorts of great stuff for the community!

We're also at www.eXplorminate.com for podcasts, reviews, etc. We're new to the scene, but we're growing every day and would love to have more awesome 4X fans around!

Hope to see you there!
http://www.eXplorminate.co - A 4X Gaming Community

Return to “General Forum”