Introduce yourself :)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Arioch

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Postby Arioch » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:48 pm

DanTheTerrible wrote:I am skeptical the description "structured" really applies to PL/1, but my memory of it is so hazy I could be wrong. The only programming languages I ever studied that I would call structured are C and its derivative, Java.

By "structured" I mean the use of control structures (if-then/while/for loops) and subroutines rather than GOTO statements as in BASIC.

DanTheTerrible

Postby DanTheTerrible » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:02 am

sven wrote:
DanTheTerrible wrote:Could you recommend an entry level resource (book, by preference, but a website will do) for learning about Lua?

The Lua flavor used by sis is 5.2, but the parser is pretty heavily modded. For learning basic Lua concepts and patterns, the standard reference book would be the third edition of Programming in Lua.

That book is less expensive than I would have expected at $8 USD. I ordered a copy from Amazon, we'll see if I actually get around to figuring Lua out.

10JML01

Postby 10JML01 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Hello! I've played MoO2 since I was a little kid, and to this day I still sometimes play it with a friend on (not-so-) hot seat multiplayer. Chilling on the sofa, killing a few beers and playing the game on my projectorscreen with a bluetooth mouse.
Recently I bought SiS and I've thrown myself at it. I like it very much! I talked about it with my friend, and told him that unfortunately it doesn't have hot seat multiplayer.
I'd really love to see that implemented in the future. Nice job so far, well done!

Draxx

Postby Draxx » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:34 am

Hello,
I've been a dedicated player of moo2 and recently found myself out of game (aaaargh!). I bought SiS and... Wow! I love this game.
Thanks for the job guys!

chrispche

Postby chrispche » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi, I'm Chris.

Been playing 4X games since Civilization 2 and Master of Orion 2. Current favourites are Stars in Shadow and Master of Orion : Conquer the Stars and Civilization IV. My laptop isn't powerful enough for Civilization games beyond that. Although I can run Galactic Civilizations 2 and own it. I haven't had a proper go at it yet. Also an honourable mention of The Battle for Polytopia on my Samsung tablet.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:25 am

chrispche wrote:Also an honourable mention of The Battle for Polytopia on my Samsung tablet.

I hadn't heard of that one before. Cute!

Return to “General Forum”