Introduce yourself :)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
Stingray7

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Postby Stingray7 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:56 am

Greetings,

I am a big fan of the 4x genre and am looking forward to the new Stars in Shadow game. It looks very promising! I've been playing the 4x genre since the Commodore 64 days and some of my favorites are MOO 2, Reach for the Stars, and Distant Worlds. I'm looking forward to the Beta and the release!

Scifibookguy

Postby Scifibookguy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Hello :D

I've been playing computer games since the Commodore 64 was released :) My favorite genres are 4x turn-based strategy games (e.g. Civ, MOO, etc.) (although I've learned to live with pausable real-time), Paradox grand strategy games, and RPGs (both old-school and action-RPGs). It appears that 2016 will be a great year for 4x strategy, and I think Stars in Shadow will be near the top of the list 8-)
"There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data"

Appletini

Postby Appletini » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:12 am

Hi All,

I love the 4x genre and I am really looking forward to the future off Stars in Shadow. I have not tried the beta yet but it is definitely on the to do list. I found out about SIS on the Explorminate steam group they have a nifty google doc on most 4x games in development.
Make Space Great Again! :geek:

larsotopia

Postby larsotopia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi, Lars here.

Registered for the beta today, I hope I get to be part of that. I'm a small time youtuber and it would be really fun to have some videos of this game before release. From the screenshots and the trailer video it looks like a really nice game. I'm not really that good at 4X games but I like them very much and strategy games is in my blood.

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Wed May 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello all!

Been a fan of science fiction and gaming since forever. The first 4x-ish game that really grabbed me was Utopia. Played it a ton on my friend's Intellivision and even tried to replicate it on my father's Northstar Horizon, the only computer we had at home (MBasic and 32KB of usable RAM were not kind to my novice programming skills, but I digress).

Since then I've played almost everything 4X. TB is my preference although I do enjoy some of the slower-paced RTS (Sins, Star Ruler 2, Polaris Sector).

I don't normally get involved with pre-release games, preferring a finished product on which to spend my limited time, but after watching a few gameplay videos and reading about SiS on eXplorminate (blatant plug!) I decided it had the potential to be something really fun and signed up.

ja7833

Postby ja7833 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Pre-purchased SiS in June 2015 and played the beta for a short while before walking away from it with an optimistic impression; played it again this weekend and after a year I think it is really coming along nicely. Looking forward to the finished game - keep up the good work.

Phenom

Postby Phenom » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:16 am

Hey all! Was surfing around for some new 4x games. I've played all sorts. My favorite happens to be Space Empires 4. There is just so much depth to it, it's pretty insane. Another one of my all time fav's is Ascendancy, I'm not sure how many may know of this game, but, it's tech tree and the way you designed the ships was quiet unique. My dad played "Stars!" long ago, and that's as far back as I can remember when it comes to space strat games. Deadlock II was a lot of fun too, I had really hoped for a remake or someone to pick it back up, but, alas, not so. Can't wait to get a chance to play SiS.

Kayocas

Postby Kayocas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey All, I found this game while searching for upcome space strategy games, I`m a fan of the genre ever since I discovered it, looking foward to being able to play what seems like a good space game, those are few and far beetwen, though lately there seems to be a ressurging of the genre.

Veneke

Postby Veneke » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:10 am

Hello there. I came across the game a weekish or so ago. Like most folk around here I expect I'm a big fan of 4X games and have been since forever. I'm one of those people who actually enjoyed MoO3 (with the fan patches and stuff of course), but have been a bit disappointed with the recent games in the genre. Hopefully SiS will do well now when it releases later on today. :)

Klydon

Postby Klydon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Greetings All.

I am a veteran computer gamer of over 30 years (my first machine was a Radio Shack color computer). Strategy games are my favorite type of game to play, so SIS is going to be right in my wheel house. I am also a veteran of MOO and MOO 2 (I heard about MOO 3 and managed to stay away from it). To me, MOO was a bench mark game of its era and the gold standard to which all other space strategy games are going to be measured against.

I have some time in SIS already before registering here and I will need time to read and digest all the info here. First impression is I like the game quite a bit, but there are a lot of things that need to be looked at. As someone who has been heavily involved in the past with mods (mostly Civ III), play balance, and also doing other game testing and reporting, hopefully I can make some meaningful observations/contributions that will help SIS be one of the best of its type.

Looking forward to seeing all the changes as they roll out over time!

zakblood

Postby zakblood » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:34 pm

afternoon, my name is Jon, 49 years old and retired / disabled, all working life in IT, Ex national swimmer many years ago now mind you, love pc's and gaming, passion is testing atm, with 30 odd years of gaming and many years of testing, MSCE trained many many years ago mind you.

game play, anything, game tested anything, there isn't anything i don't like really, and even test console games, don't mind Alpha, Beta or polishing ready for RTM / GOLD.

been asked here to help out testing, so here i am.

more than a few test pc's, here's just some of them

i5 3230m-3.0ghz 4gb of ram onboard vga chip

i7 2700k cpu with 16gb of ram

i7 3960X cpu with 32gb of ram

i7 5960X cpu with 16gb of DDR4 ram

Win 10 1920x1080 (all drives are imaged to a server so can load anything from Win XP to Win 10)

min spec in onboard vga with most having either 2gb or 4gb cards and one with 8gb.

SmaugTheDragon

Postby SmaugTheDragon » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 pm

I discovered SiS by browsing Steam, looked at this random suggestion "Wait this looks suspiciously like that awesome webcomic that never updates" :D.
Well here I am, I loved Arioch's Insider posts/artsyle and more of his approach hard-ish space opera was a must buy.

My all time favorite 4X was SotS, only good experience with MoO inspired games was a clone for old Symbian non-smartphone. Mostly playing Stellaris and other Paradox stuff nowadays. Though I recommend everyone try Endless Legend, best civlike game by far with a very interesting world.

wjmackenzie

Postby wjmackenzie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 am

Hey, just stumbled across this game, looks interessting indeed.

And hey arioch, been ages. I was actually thinking of those old days on the hw forums just recently. Cant help it, anytime i see a pic of wallace and gromit, i think of those forums. Used to go by the user name "the manaanii pirate" back then.

Anyway, looking forward to this game!

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:15 am

wjmackenzie wrote:Hey, just stumbled across this game, looks interessting indeed.

And hey arioch, been ages. I was actually thinking of those old days on the hw forums just recently. Cant help it, anytime i see a pic of wallace and gromit, i think of those forums. Used to go by the user name "the manaanii pirate" back then.

Anyway, looking forward to this game!

Nice to see you again!

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:31 am

just another 4x addict, let's be specific ... turn based ;) my favorite games MoO I+II, X-Com (original), MoM, MM4+5 (World of Xeen), I do enjoy some newer titles and other genres occasionally (Endless Space/Legend, Halflife, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., AoW III, DA, Diablo I&II), I used to code for living, but that was loooong time ago, I forgot everything I knew :lol:
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

Return to “General Forum”