Introduce yourself :)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
preston87

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Postby preston87 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:13 am

Hello everyone,
I am also doing the same project, but before the beta test is far from me. I'd like to look at your project, look for bugs.

RayAYang

Postby RayAYang » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

I lost many many hours to Civilization growing up, and MOO2 (running in DosBox) was a major standby in grad school.

I have less need for procrastination now, but have more guilt-free free time, which I'm looking to fill :)

Mythox

Yop everyone !!

Postby Mythox » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 am

well well well ! so i am Mythox an old hardcore gamer i play a lots of diffrent genre of games but my favorits are 4X and my first 4x i played was Colonization ( a sort of Civ familly) that was awesome to play a game with turn per turn and evolve in that way !! since then i tried to find same art of games ( Civ - Master of Magic - Master of Orion ) and then came the god of all 4X games MOO 2 woah this game is so awesome i still play it since 19years of it outcome !!! i tried many others 4x that was funny and great to play but i am waiting to that game that will give me the same sensations i got from MOO2 and i hope that Stars in Shadow will be THE GAME !!

AzraelRavenwing

Postby AzraelRavenwing » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Howdy, My names Azrael, Im a gamer at heart with a passion for statagy games, Personally Im into Stardrive, Sins of a solar empire, Supreme Commander, and the like.
AVE DOMINUS NOX! We have come for you!

Owlfriend

Postby Owlfriend » Fri May 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello everyone

I am playing turn based strategy games since I discovered Stellar Crusade for the Atari ST, around 1990... Civilization was one of the first Games installed on my first PC. I then played Master of Orion, Master of Orion 2, the Civilization series, Sword of the Stars etc.

Looking forward to Stars in Shadow :)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Owlfriend wrote:I am playing turn based strategy games since I discovered Stellar Crusade for the Atari ST, around 1990...

Ah, Stellar Crusade... a true SSI classic. Amazing features, but required some heavy-duty logistical number crunching (which unfortunately the game engine didn't help with... and this was in the days before Windows, so it's not like you could alt-tab to Excel. I never got past the midgame.

dannykv23

Postby dannykv23 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:34 am

Hello All! My Name's Danny . Been Playing 4X space games since the mid 90's ..I've been supporting games like this for years .this one looks more promising than any other in years.. . Looking forward to try out ! :D I preordered the game , how do i get an invite to the closed beta ?

brasidas2000

Postby brasidas2000 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Hello,

brasidas2000 here. Been PC gaming since Warp Factor got me hooked on an Apple II+.

I've played most classical 4X games in the market. I like the concept presented here. I thought I would support it and give it a try.

Hanekem

Postby Hanekem » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi. Hanekem here, I am from Argentina and been playing games for too damn long.
Given the nature of the forum, I'd say that I met MoO2 in 96-97 and fell in love with it, played the hell out of that game (even got my fleet of all Stellar Converters fitted on Battleship hulls, just because I could), I recently found out about Stars in Shadow, and gotta say I am very interested as well and, funds permitting, I'll apply for the beta as soonish as I get my paycheck.

1Atmo

Postby 1Atmo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Hello guys,

I've also been playing a lot of 4X games of different varieties in space. And iam still looking for a good MOO2 clone. But every 4x game in the last years was a disappointment. (Stardrive 1,2 Horizon, Lords of the black sun, endless space ect.) So i continued my searching and now i have find you.
I hope that especially the SIS team listen to the community in order to realize your dream and create a fantastic 4x game like Moo2.

By the way I hope also to become a part of it and get a beta invite. :D :D :D

Archduke Astro

Postby Archduke Astro » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Greetings! I'm Archduke Astro and I'm glad to be here. :)

I've been swimming in the deep end of the space-themed 4X gaming pool ever since the 1980s. I began this journey by way of overcaffeinated, day-long solo playthroughs of "Reach for the Stars", by SSG. Probably almost none of the age-40-and-younger forum members have ever heard of it, but RFTS is strongly reputed to be the very first computer-based 4X game, going public an entire decade before MOO. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
I still shudder at the memories of how incredibly devious & challenging the enemy AI was; it was delightful as well as torturous. Reach For the Stars' massive replayability easily hooked me. Regardless of genre, many far more "slick," visually polished, modern computer games provide less than one-fifth of the replay value of this one long-forgotten progenitor of all later 4X computer games.

From RFTS, it was a smooth progression for me to MOO 1 and 2, Space Empires, GalCiv 1 & 2 (but not 3), SOTS (but not SOTS 2) and most recently Endless Space. Among them all, MOO2 is my all-time favorite, with the original SOTS as a close second-place winner.

I'm relieved that the 4X gaming sub-genre survived the Kerberos/Paradox hara-kiri otherwise known as SOTS 2. We can't afford to have any more 4X developers and publishers STUPIDLY squander the goodwill of their customers. I'm fully aware that I'm taking a risk by pre-ordering SiS.

But --- before doing so, I had just read all 109 (as of today) pages of Arioch's excellent Outsider series. Great stuff!!! :D The fact that the Loroi are in part a tribute to the Gamilons of "Star Blazers" (aka "Space Battleship Yamato") [ * my forum Avatar (lol!) comes from there * ] really piqued my interest further. I then found my way around Arioch's website to the Gallery, where numerous examples of SiS visual design elements were to be found.

After that, I simply HAD TO learn more about the game, and I took care to do it thoroughly. The more I read about it on the SiS website, the more I was impressed as well as interested. Sven's design imperatives truly sang out to me; he really intends to make SiS into what sounds like my own personal "dream game" in the 4X genre. 8-) 2016's going to be a very interesting year! I look forward to trying my luck with the beta build.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks for the preorder, Astro.

I played a number of the SSG games; they were all notable for very challenging AI. Every time I hear modern gamers make excuses for poor AI in terms of not having enough CPU cycles, I point to what SSG was able to do on the 386 in the late eighties.

My own first experience with 4X computer gaming was the 1984 DOS port of Empire (the version using ASCII characters instead of graphics).

brK

Postby brK » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 am

Hello, My name is Louis or brK. I saw this game on steam and thought it looked interesting. It's a change from my usual competitive team-based game, Team Fortress 2

Eledore

Postby Eledore » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Hail from the past,

Decided to look if Outsider had another page for December. and found THIS..
So far been playing for a day or so. Arioch you haven't outdone yourself yet, but by far you live up to your reputation.
(you don't cut corners on what is good)

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi All,

someone in the steam discussions for the Master of Orion remake mentioned this game and I am glad they did =)
Not hating on the remake, but some decisions and aesthetics left me somewhat wanting and I'll wait & see where it goes.

This game looks great and is very pleasing to the eye and I am sure it will also look good in the several years we play it.
3D has the nasty habit of getting outshined quickly, regardless how impressive it was on release.

I watched the Game Space Junkie Podcast and found myself with my wallet in my hand and so here I am :lol:

Wish you all the best, and don't stress yourself with the release date =)

Return to “General Forum”