Introduce yourself :)

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
bjg

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Postby bjg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:15 pm

siyoa wrote:I used to code for living, but that was loooong time ago, I forgot everything I knew :lol:

I thought it's like riding a bicycle (or swimming) - can't really loose the skill. ;)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:06 pm

bjg wrote:
siyoa wrote:I used to code for living, but that was loooong time ago, I forgot everything I knew :lol:

I thought it's like riding a bicycle (or swimming) - can't really loose the skill. ;)

Coding isn't a physical skill like bicycle riding, it's probably better compared to speaking a foreign language; fluency fades without regular use.

siyoa

Postby siyoa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Arioch wrote:
bjg wrote:

Coding isn't a physical skill like bicycle riding, it's probably better compared to speaking a foreign language; fluency fades without regular use.

yep, something like this ... plus it is a good excuse, mainly when you try to be smart, and do something incredibly dumb :lol:
How did YOU get a key? All right, go in.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Arioch wrote:
bjg wrote:

The fluency fades away, but comes back after a short practice. You can't swim fast, but don't drown. All skills are in the brain. :)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm

bjg wrote:The fluency fades away, but comes back after a short practice. You can't swim fast, but don't drown. All skills are in the brain. :)

That's not entirely true. Motor skills involve neurons outside the brain as well as within it. If you cut off an arm and replace it with someone else's, you won't be able to use it. You'll have to relearn from scratch, rebuilding the neuron pathways that were lost.

Daisy221

Postby Daisy221 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 am

Hello there! I am Daisy from UK, a newbie member here :roll:

Tangle

Postby Tangle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Hey!!!

I'm this one dude, yanno?

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 am

Hi there, Fonzosh here.

Just bought the game and I love it. Finally someone has looked att old MoOII and started to do something about it. I mostly registered (and has told all my friends about this game) to maybe make the developers see some new aspects that should be added to the game.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:14 am

Hello!

I was a big fan of MoO2 and 3, and this game really feels like a reincarnation of MoO2. I'm loving it. :P

Hans_Lemurson

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:38 am

New user here, long time fan of Arioch's webcomic, acquaintance from Explorminate forums. Finally decided to see what all this SiS business was about and was quite pleased with my game yesterday.

Also an unrepentant MoO1 fanboi. I found the sequel to be inferior. :ugeek:

Supermint

Postby Supermint » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Guys and Gals.

I'm Supermint. I've been a lurker for quite a long time and have been playing Stars in Shadow since it was released on Early Access in Steam. I have enjoyed the game greatly and still do. I am a fan of the 4X genre and have enjoyed many games of this type and have a soft spot for the MoO series. Classic MoO2 was the best in my opinion, 3 was bad, very bad. The remake could have been done better. Feels unfinished and a mix of 2 and 3 in style of play.

I am glad SiS feels like its following in the footsteps of MoO2 but with much better improvements. Not just graphically but in style as well. I am so happy that the ships have hardpoints instead of space allocations as this allows for the races to be more distinct than just cram in as many weapons in a box with just the skin that's different.
I know its just the 2 of you guys building this game. I can say this. You are doing a great job. I actually want to assist you guys in the making of the games. Even if its in a small and insignificant way such as sending the occasional pizza :D

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 pm

I could definitely use some pizza! :D

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the forums.

Supermint

Postby Supermint » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 pm

PM me your address and A pizza of your choice would be on the way.

shiantar

Postby shiantar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:48 am

Hi guys,

I'm a writer. Also a reader, which is why I noticed that Admiral Carver likes to quote Heinlein a lot.

oversoul

Postby oversoul » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello gang,

It's the "oversoul" here. I have to say: crack work on this title, a truly dead on job. Thank you so much for this game. I haven't been sucked into a "one more turn time vortex" since Sword of the Stars and Master of Orion 1. Are you guys really a two man team? Just... wow. The art's fantastic, Arioch, great work. I put it in a review on Steam, and I am trying to lure in some of my gaming friends. Okay, cya around The 'Verse guys.
;) "In Vino Veritas" ;)

Return to “General Forum”