The dread star is way too weak

General Stars in Shadow Discussion Forum
eric

Re: The dread star is way too weak

Postby eric » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:56 am

I hope that the dread star will be fixed in the patch coming along with the DLC.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 pm

I modded the doomstar for you here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By3Vb ... 2MxS3h3bWc
To use this, right click your stars in shadow desktop link and choose open file location.
Open the folder called mods and place the entire downloaded folder directly into it.
To get rid of it, just delete the downloaded file from the mods directory.
Mod increases firepower slightly (about 10%) , doubles armor and energy curve, and adds warp lane stabilizer as built in.
If you would prefer something different let me know here and I will see what I can do. Please note that a new game is needed for this to work properly (an old game would let you see the mods on the design screen, but it also might crash because of any build doomstars.)

eric

Postby eric » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Chasm wrote:I modded the doomstar for you here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By3Vb ... 2MxS3h3bWc
To use this, right click your stars in shadow desktop link and choose open file location.
Open the folder called mods and place the entire downloaded folder directly into it.
To get rid of it, just delete the downloaded file from the mods directory.
Mod increases firepower slightly (about 10%) , doubles armor and energy curve, and adds warp lane stabilizer as built in.
If you would prefer something different let me know here and I will see what I can do. Please note that a new game is needed for this to work properly (an old game would let you see the mods on the design screen, but it also might crash because of any build doomstars.)

Er... Thank you anyway, but I still hope that the developers can fix this in the official version. I can’t understand why they didn’t do this in the recent update.

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:43 pm

eric wrote:but I still hope that the developers can fix this in the official version. I can’t understand why they didn’t do this in the recent update.

Because their "brokenness" is like, your opinion, man ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c )

eric

Postby eric » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:44 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:
eric wrote:but I still hope that the developers can fix this in the official version. I can’t understand why they didn’t do this in the recent update.

Because their "brokenness" is like, your opinion, man ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c )

The stellar surge beam now cost 45 metal and 750 energy on super dreadnaughts, while cost 90 metal and 900 energy on dread star.
You say that is not broken? I say that’s “your” opinion.

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm

ANY weapon you put in a siege 3x slot on the dread star costs 2x the metal and 1.2x the power of the siege 1x slot on the super dreadnought, what's your point? I'm amazed it's not 3x in each column.

eric

Postby eric » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:ANY weapon you put in a siege 3x slot on the dread star costs 2x the metal and 1.2x the power of the siege 1x slot on the super dreadnought, what's your point? I'm amazed it's not 3x in each column.

Yes, that’s one of the issues the dread star have. The visual effect of the dread star’s seige weapon is also not correct, as it shoot 1 surge beam from the front and two from the back. The dread star also have a ridiculously low cost efficiency, even after taking its short build time into consideration.

Return to “General Forum”