I've tried other 4x games and even got the new Masters of Orion game. hated it was a glorious passion. I went back and played this. Just as excited as the 10th time playing it
Looking forward to the DLC.
zolobolo wrote:Is there a chance for a minor update?
Is there something that you feel needs to be addressed in the short term?
There are a couple of things I was hoping they make it into an update (mentioned them in forum here and there):
- Bug: Allied empires do not get relationship penalty if they have more pops then the player but the player does not vote for them preventing an organic split within allies if the player is not winning. This feature was listed in change log at some point but I think it fell out of the system soon afterwards in a consequent update
- Bug: Fast Tactical Animation option is reset during game restart
- Possible bug: Haduir AI ships not benefiting from Ancient Stargate bonus: AI ships do not have 1 Turn travel time from home system and thus the AI does not benefit from the coolest faction bonus. If its a bug then maybe it could be fixed but if its due to AI script not able to handle the modified value then of course its not really a topic
- Possible bug: Increased raider activity does not effect harpies they do not invade anymore. Might be intentionally deactivated permanently along with pirates or only temporary for balance testing but not turned back on again. I dont mind pirate raids to be deactivated as I think the concept needs a rework but Harpy raids were useful to necessitate rear-guard units even if the player owned a slice of the map without any neighbors in their backyard. Was also a good reason to clean up nodes to prevent Harpy raids originating from them
- Quality of life: Prioritize transports when offloading and onloading units from and to planet to reduce micro MGMT: Player needs to manually select transports and offload troops to prevent military transports with boarding units to loose their units before transports but doesnt see the planet status during that process to determine how many more troops are needed to prevent rebellion. If troops are offloaded from planet screen civilian transports do not get priority to offload and units with boarding function can loose their troops before them
- Balance: Ion cannon effect, mod or rebalance stats to make it a viable option compared to lasers with RF mod
- Balance: Asteroid base needs some additional hardpoint to make them viable as their increased armor does not provide benefits for civilian use
- Balance: Slight bonus to Gremak AI as this faction usually gets the hardest time when competing with the others
- Balance: (though discussed a longshot): Additional long range modifier to bases and planetary defenses to erase base/planet sniping exploit (one of the last ones remaining besides scorched earth tactic which would then be resolved with planet habitability degradation from the DLC)
Longshot balance: Alter boarding module to be a torpedo instead of close range effect so it can be countered by the AI and used by the AI. Pirate ships I would equip with this module then for example
Naturally I am all in on the additional 3 DLCs planned (more factions would allow the creation of epic games without color and faction ship/leader repetition) but was hoping the above are small enough modifications that they can make it into the game even if there is no publisher support
Found another one I forgot about long time (only applicable for Phidi): when sending pops single storage transports are not prioritized over trade ships with several containers. Meaning the transport of a single pop can take away double amount of trading capacity from the trading queue even though simple transport are also available to be used[/quote]