Discontent populations, staffing, Scavengers, and Gaiads

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Dacarnix

Re: Discontent populations, staffing, Scavengers, and Gaiads

Postby Dacarnix » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm

username wrote:I do a similar thing, but instead of scrapping the transports, I charge them into battle against the enemy, because having a pop loaded still increases the transport's crew size, and this lets you use them to fill up the crews of your boarding ships. If they get exploded in the battle...oh, well!

Since you do not need boarding modules equipment to transfer crew to your own ships, a few junky, often stolen, transports can keep topping off boarding ships in this way.

Hah, interesting. I only use boarding ships with certain factions, but I'll keep that in mind as something to try.

gaerzi

Postby gaerzi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:47 pm

I've never felt like I needed the micromanaging bonus from genociding my own population to win. The viscids are the only eradicate-on-sight race in my games.

When scrapping a transport, its content should probably be sent to the nearest planet. Possibly using another transport from the trade pool so as to avoid turning that into a fast-travel exploit somehow.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:36 pm

gaerzi wrote:When scrapping a transport, its content should probably be sent to the nearest planet. Possibly using another transport from the trade pool so as to avoid turning that into a fast-travel exploit somehow.

Full agreement. I don't think genocide should be that trivial. (This still won't stop mass levying of the population for military assault duties to be spent that way, but getting rid of the single most degenerate exploit of the system is a good thing.)

Return to “Testing”