Getting my feet wet

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Nasarog

Getting my feet wet

Postby Nasarog » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:02 pm

I finally waded into the pool to get a feel for the game. I am impressed with it's appearance and general flow. The music was not unpleasant for the most part. I have no idea what I was doing. In one turn I did 3 things. After splitting my fleet to explore, my scout got ambushed and killed by pirates. My transport colonization fleet settled a planet in a 4 planet system with two awesome planets. Turns out, there slavers had a colony there, and after settling the planet, I was immediately attacked and my remaining colony ship and transports were destroyed.

So, yea... poor start. Anyways, I had no technical issues other than I didn't know what I was doing at all. But I looked good doing it.

Is there a way to zoom in or out on the galaxy screen? I could do it in combat, but not on the main screen.

:shock:

sven
Site Admin

Re: Getting my feet wet

Postby sven » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Nasarog wrote:Is there a way to zoom in or out on the galaxy screen? I could do it in combat, but not on the main screen.

Not yet. It's something a couple of other people have asked for though. The way things are going, I suspect you guys are going to talk me into some form of galaxy zoom eventually ... but Arioch and I are still mulling over just how it might work.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Getting my feet wet

Postby sven » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Nasarog wrote:So, yea... poor start.

Yeah, the monster spawn rate should be getting nerfed in the next few hours -- early game remains crueler than we really intend it to be. The flip side is that the late game is far easier than it should be... Still have some important AI fixes to get to.

Return to “Testing”