Testing the Current Diplomacy Changes

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.

Moderator: luciderous

Dragar

Re: Testing the Current Diplomacy Changes

Postby Dragar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Had an excellent game last night (that I intend to finish tonight) where the galaxy fairly naturally fragmented into factions.

I did find it was pretty easy to 'pick my battles'; I might have had to go to war with one faction to keep another happy (rather than, previously, stay friends with everyone) but I could choose to side with the stronger faction pretty easily. That way I was rarely in any real danger.

Still, I've been enjoying these improvements.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Make sure to finish the game

The new ruleas sometimes lead to a pretty interesting scenario:
1. Player allies with strongest faction and together they conquer others
2. Optionalyl some other factions also join the alliance
3. Strongest AI is actually stronger then the player
4. Due to the allies voting mechanic, the smaller empires all vote to for the largest AI ally
5. Player stands alone against the whole alliance during GC vote and needs to beat all of them

Thus the player does not ally with the strongest AI next time, or breaks up the alliance when one ally gets too strong to avoid the above which then leads to more interesting mid-game :)

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Ah, right! It was actually close at one point, but I managed to take the lead and get the votes. Let's see if I can wrap it up!

(On hard, by the way.)

Dragar

Postby Dragar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Phew. There was an error when the Phidi offered to merge their empire with mine, so I had to play out the game with two allies rather than one empire, but victory was finally mine. Ashdar Colonial carriers are excellent craft.

Return to “Testing”