Star Gates have issues
Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm
- They cost just labor=0, metal=15. So when I have finished researching them, I just build them in all systems in 1 turn. Possibly it is not how it was intended.
- Ships (military and also civilian population transports) do not use path finding in presence of Star Gates. They do not cut paths when they can go through star gates.
- Star Gates do not cause any difference in economy. But such instant teleportation of cargo should cause a great economic boom, in theory. (And also the technologies that increase strategic speed should improve economy too, in theory. But this is off topic.)
- Star Gates do not let the star system avoid enemy blockage (I noticed this a few times).
- Star Gates do not let me summon transports same turn, still need to wait 3 turns. I think instant (or faster) summon of transports through Star Gate would be a good feature.