Moving fractions of population.

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
user12334

Moving fractions of population.

Postby user12334 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

If there is less than 1 million of species, it does not let to transport them, which is irritating.
It's quite intuitive to transport them (of course there will be unused space in the transport).

Arioch

Re: Moving fractions of population.

Postby Arioch » Tue May 22, 2018 12:58 am

What is the case where you feel the need to transport a population unit that is less than 1 million?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Tue May 22, 2018 4:15 am

I know I've wanted to do this on freshly conquered worlds when I try to consolidate Gremak or Tinkers on fewer worlds. To move them off a planet, I have to watch their population growth like a hawk, frequently, after I seed the planet with Phidi, Humans, and/or Ashdar.

AMX

Postby AMX » Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 am

I often run into this when I try to make "no farming possible" colonies independent from food imports.
Typically Inferno planets that were originally settled by somebody else - I fill the place with Tarib, try to send all the food-dependent settlers somewhere else, but some fraction of them remains...

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am

AMX wrote:I often run into this when I try to make "no farming possible" colonies independent from food imports.
Typically Inferno planets that were originally settled by somebody else - I fill the place with Tarib, try to send all the food-dependent settlers somewhere else, but some fraction of them remains...

Sounds like my tactic. I also use Tinkeres and grey worm (cant remember its name) that also are inorganic, but the only way to fix this today is waiting until their growth comes almost perfectly to 1 million and then move them of. Preferably to moving fractions, I would recomend a "Move All" button for this kind of play.

user12334

Postby user12334 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Arioch wrote:What is the case where you feel the need to transport a population unit that is less than 1 million?

Sometimes I need to remove all population that does not match the planet type. And there is left some 900k population. Then I have to periodically monitor these planets until the population gets to 1kk, so as to move then.

Another use case is when I need to increase the planet build slots by inhabiting its diverse climate zones by appropriate population type, but there is not enough of that population type for all planets. So I may want for example to send there 500k population instead of 1kk.

This second use case of course will need GUI changes, but the first use case (less than 1kk left on planet) should be trivial to implement.

Return to “Testing”