A question about Human Refugees

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

A question about Human Refugees

Postby nweismuller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:36 am

As things stand Human Refugee resource output stands at 2 labor, 0.5 food, 0 coins, 0 science. As things stood with the original state of primitive outputs (where primitives generally did not output coins) this made sense to me. That said, the rebalancing of primitives so that the 'standard' primitive outputs 0.5 coins makes me think that perhaps Human Refugees should be rebalanced. Human Refugees sometimes maintain factories on particularly friendly worlds, and often are surviving on low-fertility worlds non-native to Humanity that I'd assume some high technology would still be needed for survival (in that I tend to conceptualise low-fertility Arids as basically like Mars in environment). Now, I'm perfectly fine with Human Refugees being in a hardscrabble situation, and them having reduced coin output relative to comfortably established Human populations makes complete sense, as does their lack of contribution to research at all. That said, I don't see how they'd have *less* economic activity than hunter-gatherer populations recently uplifted into a agricultural culture, and suspect they should have 0.5 coin output (just like Lummox now do).

Is their coin output relative to primitives an intended outcome, and, if so, where am I making an error in thinking about it? Or is it just that they were overlooked while minor races were being rebalanced?

Arioch

Re: A question about Human Refugees

Postby Arioch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 am

The refugees are living in a feral state, but they quickly assimilate back to "normal" human population once annexed. I'm not sure it's necessary to rejigger them.

nweismuller

Re: A question about Human Refugees

Postby nweismuller » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:03 am

That's fair, it just seemed a weird inconsistency with other primitives.

Return to “Testing”