Space harpy invaders

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Space harpy invaders

Postby Chasm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Personally I like the space harpy invaders much better then the human pirate raids for a few reasons. They don't clear an enemy defended system, and they are beatable with a little preparation. I do have a few issues with them though. In my opinion they get to their target world far too quickly. Perhaps a warning that they are swarming, and maybe drop their deep space speed down a bit? As it is, unless you get really lucky, there is no way to mount a last ditch defense. Also, if you destroy the group, it does not give the research point boost that roosting harpies do, which I see as a bit of a bug.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Space harpy invaders

Postby sven » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:23 am

Chasm wrote:Also, if you destroy the group, it does not give the research point boost that roosting harpies do, which I see as a bit of a bug.

Yeah, I'm moving towards a more consistent 'autopsy' standard, so that you'll get research the first time you kill one of the various Arda Seed units, regardless of where it happens. It's not yet working with the harpy raiders though -- that behavior will probably change as part of the first post DLC patch (for now, I don't want to poke too much at the guts of the event code, but, it shouldn't be a hard change).

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 am

I just had my first Harpy attack.

I had just annexed a human refugee planet, and my ships were returning. The harpies simply appeared. I didn't notice anything approach. By the time my fleet arrived, my only human colony, which was perhaps five cycles old, lost three (of 3.7) population units and a factory. (Edit: factory and farm...)

Some warning would be nice.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:42 am

Inbound detection time seems to be about 2 turns, compared to human pirates 5 or 6.

Return to “Testing”