UI strategic map needs some feedback.

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Ashbery76

UI strategic map needs some feedback.

Postby Ashbery76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 pm

You cannot see on the fly if your planets are overpopulated in the planet report panel.You should not have to go into each system to see this..A green number for growing and red for overpopulated?

The strategic map does not show or have options to show.starbases,defences,shipyards.This adds lot fiddling about clicking everything.

Some sort of rally point system is needed too.Automated transports moving overpopulated planets would also help.

I find lacking these basic things add lots of clicking and wasting time.The game is pretty streamlined so the UI really should not be making me click more than GC3.

Arioch

Re: UI strategic map needs some feedback.

Postby Arioch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Sven and I talked about how to do waypoints in the UI just the other day.

Star systems can have up to 4 planets, and each planet can have up to 3 stations. I'm not sure how you'd show 12 stations on the strategic map.

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:23 pm

You don't have to show how many just that something is there.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Ashbery76 wrote:Some sort of rally point system is needed too.

So you a basic rally point system?

Guess it would make sense starting from medium maps, but need to consider: there will always only be a handful of planets for which rally points are needed. Most planets are not production oriented, and some of those that are are producing transports for trading.

An option might be to have an icon in planet production which when selected, lets the player select the system to which each newly produced ship from this planet should be heading to. The picture could be some stylish white route calculation sneaking between various stars towards its marked destination :)

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Rally points are for where ships meet ie at the front line.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 pm

The rally point system we discussed would be fairly straightforward; it would simply allow the option to redirect produced ships to a different location. The destination would default to the current system, and you wouldn't need to mess with it unless you wanted to.

ui_rally_points1.jpg
ui_rally_points1.jpg (434.47 KiB) Viewed 12864 times

Return to “Testing”