Game needs treaty cooldowns.

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Ashbery76

Game needs treaty cooldowns.

Postby Ashbery76 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 pm

You spend 100 influence to get peace and then they DOW next turn.I also think it's too easy to spend you way to peace in the first place.Wars and peace should have a 50 turn cooldown like many of these games do.

Ashbery76

Re: Game needs treaty cooldowns.

Postby Ashbery76 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm

I also think influence becomes a non issue apart from early game.You are swimming in it later and makes the mechanics useless.

nathanebht

Postby nathanebht » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Do away with influence points? Use money to bribe/convince instead.

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:36 pm

This isn't Stellaris. ;)
Buying peace makes sense only if you've already fixed the original cause of the war. Usually it means that you are stronger than your opponent and removing "we are at war" modifier will make his "relation" positive. Otherwise you've made a mistake and wasted a 100 influence.
As for "swimming in it later" - try "marathon" "brutal". :lol:

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm not in favor of hard treaty cooldowns (as they're both very gamey and player-exploitable), but I agree that the war calculation needs more nuance, and should better reflect reputation and leader characteristics. Improving the diplomacy system is at the top of our list of things we want to do to improve the base game before moving on to more new content.

Ashbery76

Postby Ashbery76 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Ashbery76 wrote:I also think influence becomes a non issue apart from early game.You are swimming in it later and makes the mechanics useless.

Late game with a few allies and you basically have more influence than you can ever use.I feel no actual hard choice with influence,just get research,trade,open with every race you meet..With the Endless games you always had to make a choice with every treaty.

I'm not sure what you mean with cooldowns being exploitable as games do it mainly to stop the human gaming the system.Get £5000 for peace and then bam war again next turn.This is bad gameplay.

Return to “Testing”