Short term TODOs

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Short term TODOs

Postby sven » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Sorry for my mini-disappearing act over the last week. As many of you have noted, we are a very small team, which means that along with being our lead programmer/designer, I'm also effectively our accountant, website developer, and CEO. And so when things come along that require me to play some of those other roles, there will be a necessary lull in updates and patches. The big distraction of the last week has been getting the preorder system setup -- something that I (with my CEO hat on) decided really needed to get forced to the top of the priority queue. That's now done, and I now have about a day and a half of game development time before leaving for the weekend to attend a memorial service.

This means that while you'll see a couple updates on Thursday, significant new features won't really start hitting the servers until next week.

External delays notwithstanding, we are getting *close* to our next scheduled milestone -- the moment when the closed beta will have it's first significant expansion.

The things we're planning to get done before that happens are, very briefly:

• User interface tweaks -- right/left click behaviors will change in a number of places, and we'll take a shot at streamlining the tactical control system (a candidate patch for this may be done by Thursday).
  • A rough balance pass over the tactical game.
  • More encounter types, including but not limited to splinter colonies.
  • Assorted AI improvements.

That, along with fixing as many known bugs as I can find time for, is the basic TODO list for the start of March. There's a longer term road-map as well, which should probably be posted in a separate thread :)

Thanks again for all your help.

luciderous

Re: Short term TODOs

Postby luciderous » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:21 am

Great news, Sven! Looking forward to new updates with anticipation :)

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 am

Yep, very exciting! Keep plugging away!

-Will

Big Imp

Postby Big Imp » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 am

Sorry to hear.
But thanks for the update. Looking forward to the next patch.
1. Desktop Corsair 450D Case, X99 MSI mobo, Intel 5820K i7(Hexacore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia GPU 680 GTX driver v.364.51, Windows 10 Pro
2. Laptop ASUS ROG G751JY, Intel i7 4720(Quadcore), 16 GB Mem, Nvidia 980M(Driver 364.51), Windows 10

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Thank you for the status update.

I can see there is a new stable build, looking forward to banging on it tonight.

Return to “Testing”