Minor species home systems

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Minor species home systems

Postby nweismuller » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Are minor species home systems supposed to remain identical across games? If not, there's something very strange with the RNG initialising minor species, since for the past I-have-lost-count games, Waterless has spawned in a system with a splinter colony on a medium garden world further out and another arid yet further out, and with similarly identical systems for other minor species home systems. May be related to why I haven't seen Threshers for a long time.

Similarly, the same minor species seem to want to spawn next to the same player across games, although not quite as consistently- I have ended up with two of the three of Lummox, Pell, and Spice Mongers next to me out of the past many games. There was a time where different systems seemed to be generated for the minors which remained consistent for a long time; that was frustrating with the Viscids consistently spawning next to me in a system without any water to speak of. I am uncertain what triggered the change in minor species systems.

nweismuller

Re: Minor species home systems

Postby nweismuller » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:24 am

Does anybody have any idea what the issue with randomisation here might be? Or, barring that, forcing a 'reroll' of minor species systems so they don't initialise the same way in the next game- I know it's happened at least once in my install, but I'm not sure how.

Return to “Testing”