Ashdar Prime fertility

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Ashdar Prime fertility

Postby nweismuller » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Ashdar Prime fertility is currently High, despite its status as a Hive world. Is this intended? If it's considered too crippling to start the Ashdar Imperials with a low fertility world, my inclination would be more to start them with yet another starting farm rather than artificially increasing their homeworld fertility.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Ashdar Prime fertility

Postby sven » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 pm

nweismuller wrote:Ashdar Prime fertility is currently High, despite its status as a Hive world. Is this intended? If it's considered too crippling to start the Ashdar Imperials with a low fertility world, my inclination would be more to start them with yet another starting farm rather than artificially increasing their homeworld fertility.

All of the Arid world types with a thick atmosphere / visible greening are now marked as 'High Fertility', so we bumped up all the Hives (which also have thick breathable atmospheres and liquid water) to be 'High Fertility' as well.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:20 pm

OK, that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion- I didn't notice that other Hives were also high fertility.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:31 am

Isn't the one thing you need to terraform a hive world a thin atmosphere though ? According to the terraforming tooltip for the technology?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 am

Chasm wrote:Isn't the one thing you need to terraform a hive world a thin atmosphere though ? According to the terraforming tooltip for the technology?

All hive worlds have 'Thick' atmospheres, so I think we can assume that the process of Hive-forming a thin atmosphere world involves some kind of atmosphere modification. (I agree, the in game lore is now a bit confusing though.)

Return to “Testing”