Is the "Hyperspace Cloud Computing" just a placeholder?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

Is the "Hyperspace Cloud Computing" just a placeholder?

Postby bjg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:24 pm

+20 per lab is (boring, but) nice if looking out of context. Within context/game it's pretty much useless. The "Hyperspace Cloud Computing" is one of the last technologies to research, so there is nothing to apply those extra points to.
Not sure if this is better than nothing - before we at least hoped that something interesting is coming.

sven
Site Admin

Re: Is the "Hyperspace Cloud Computing" just a placeholder?

Postby sven » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:08 pm

bjg wrote:+20 per lab is (boring, but) nice if looking out of context. Within context/game it's pretty much useless. The "Hyperspace Cloud Computing" is one of the last technologies to research, so there is nothing to apply those extra points to.

I'd intended to decrease its beaker cost significantly as well, but it appears that I neglected to do that. I agree that at 20,000 beakers, the tech is basically useless. Given the current effect, I think it needs to be balanced more as a early/late or late/midgame cost.

Beyond that, the <+N><RESOURCE_PRODUCTION> to all improvements of <TYPE> is an effect we've been wanting to add to a number of techs -- Fusion is getting a modest +WRENCH per FACTORY cost perk as well.

Return to “Testing”