Viscoids

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Captainspire

Viscoids

Postby Captainspire » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 pm

If I'm spelling it right, just consume space on a planet and food. There is no way to remove them from a planet. Is there any way to kill/convert them?

Arioch

Re: Viscoids

Postby Arioch » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Not at present. They're just an obstacle.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:15 am

Transport as many of your race onto that world as fast as is viable, and DON'T build colony ships or colonies from it. Use same tactic with scavengers. IMO nuisance races SHOULD NOT get the benefits of cloning and longevity, but they do... If a race cannot be transported off world, and is regarded as a detriment, why would my empires growth bonuses effect them?

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Chasm wrote:If a race cannot be transported off world, and is regarded as a detriment, why would my empires growth bonuses effect them?

Well, you regard them as a detriment that needs to be purged, but your Empires policies may not.
Seems even the Gremak have universal health care and social services :mrgreen:
(in earlier builds, I ferried those "undesirables" to a planet thats already full, auto starving them at arrival)

You could move your own population away from the colony as much as possible and trade/gift it to someone else. Now its their problem ;)

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:00 pm

It should be possible to quarantine a world from food transports. Why would I feed a colony of non productive viscoids when I have more valuable colonies needing that food... (If you get really unlucky in a starting game this can be the only colonizable world you get, and then starvation becomes a real issue, since they breed like rabbits and produce nothing).

SmaugTheDragon

Postby SmaugTheDragon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:45 pm

My idea was a tad more insane. I became a space Stalin and caused a mass starvation by taking ships from trade pool and constantly fed more Gremak to the planet to die until the Viscoid numbers fell to a more reasonable levels. Also got new slaves for the space GULAG from all the protesting Gremak on the other worlds.

Captainspire

Postby Captainspire » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:54 am

I couldn't transport or move any of them off the planet and my resources were so stretched thin, I was waiting for some temporary research option to "train" them into some usable population. Nope, they bread like tribbles and were just about as useful.

TheDeadlyShoe

Postby TheDeadlyShoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Put a pop on the planet you don't care about, then starve the planet to death :^)

Return to “Testing”