Torpedoes - how do they work

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
wminsing

Torpedoes - how do they work

Postby wminsing » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 am

So I'm playing the Yoral, have some ships that carry a couple of Torpedoes. I can't figure out how to fire them though. When I select 'attack' by default nothing fires. When I click on the Torpedo line it toggles between x 2 and x 1/2 (I have two) but no setting allows me to fire. I can select the other weapons carried and fired them normally, but the torpedoes remain locked on their cradles. So what am I doing wrong?

-Will

sven
Site Admin

Re: Torpedoes - how do they work

Postby sven » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:44 am

wminsing wrote:So I'm playing the Yoral, have some ships that carry a couple of Torpedoes. I can't figure out how to fire them though. When I select 'attack' by default nothing fires. When I click on the Torpedo line it toggles between x 2 and x 1/2 (I have two) but no setting allows me to fire. I can select the other weapons carried and fired them normally, but the torpedoes remain locked on their cradles. So what am I doing wrong?l

It's not you -- it's me. The "State of the Build" thread should have specified that torpedoes, like anti-missiles, are currently broken. Really wish I'd had time to fix that before beta. Perhaps should have spent less time on glowy frame effects in the race selection screen :oops:

wminsing

Re: Torpedoes - how do they work

Postby wminsing » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Good, I wasn't going crazy! Looks like I'll have to give the Yoral a rest though until I can use their full Torpedo slinging glory.

-Will

Return to “Testing”