AI can't handle expantion

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

AI can't handle expantion

Postby bjg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:03 pm

In a mid game (hard, 99 stars) AI starts massively loosing planets to rebels. Tries to take some of them back, but not very active (I manage to get most of them first, since the war isn't required). This is happening the second time (first Teros, now Gremak), and it's a hot mess (also too easy to win).
You can check pretty much any of my recent uploads.

sven
Site Admin

Re: AI can't handle expantion

Postby sven » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:01 pm

bjg wrote:In a mid game (hard, 99 stars) AI starts massively loosing planets to rebels. Tries to take some of them back, but not very active (I manage to get most of them first, since the war isn't required). This is happening the second time (first Teros, now Gremak), and it's a hot mess (also too easy to win).
You can check pretty much any of my recent uploads.

Yes, I've been noticing this issue in the saves you uploaded. There have actually been at least 2 different problems manifesting in your saves. The first is that since I took away the AI's farming crutches, it's been more prone to starvation, leading to rebellions. The AI now has better tools for handling those cases -- but, there's a second catagory of problems. Because of the tendency of newly conquered populations to rebel, the AI also runs into issues when it tries to take and hold territory (as happened with the Ashdar Imperials in your most recent game). That's a separate issue, and one I'll look into fixing asap.

(Thanks again for all your uploads and feedback, btw. Having a few people actively playing games as we're pushing new features does really help.)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm

I'll add my thanks.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:51 pm

It seems like AI still doesn't "know" how to handle rebels. It sends ships (sometimes a lot of them), and doesn't send (enough) transporters.
Also, empty transporters are just sitting on orbits. If AI can't reuse them it could (at least) send them to a trade pool.

Return to “Testing”