- Increased the bombardment power of carriers.
- AI empires should now sometimes build outposts.
- Increased market coin production from 4/7/12 to 5/10/15.
- Increased second and third tier factory labor production.
- Adjusted Dread Star production costs.
- Added a 'hostile environment' upkeep cost for colonies in harsh environments.
- The new hostile environment mechanic is suppressed in any game started prior to r21718.
- AI players should be less likely to choose to colonize hostile environment worlds.
- Marauder factions should be less hostile to AI players.
- Adjustments to the "new turn" banner animation.
- The mining activity now provides +50% output per mine (up from +33%).
- Earthquake disasters are now limited to destroying at most 2 improvements.
- Fix for a rare bug that could be triggered when Harpy fleets returned to their source HSA.
- Losing a planet should now reliably resolve all pending construction complete warnings pertaining to that planet.
- Fix for a bug caused by unresolved attacks against fleets belonging to a defeated empire.
- Fixes for bugs that could be triggered by refitting ships while in the process of issuing a move order.
- Hotfix for bugs in the animation of destroyed fighters/missiles.
- Fix for a tech tree bug affecting some older save games.
- Initial implementation of the electrocyte's offensive AOE ability.
- Added the Harpy "Engineer" unit.
- Added the Harpy "Steward" unit and associated special behavior.
- Fix for a bug that could prevent Star Harpy Autopsies from being awarded as intended.
- Star Harpy 'Nests' may now spawn around uninhabited stars.
- Added an Autopsy report for the Harpy Proteans.
- Added a "Harpy Incursion" report.
- All Arda/Harpy units now have some inherent autorepair abilities.
- Building additional stations should no longer cause planets with Shipyards to lose their production discount.
- Technologies gained from the Herald or a derelict colony should now be correctly removed from the research queue.
- It is now possible to embark units onto a Space Station equiped with assault shuttle bays.
- Stations captured in tactical combat will now be destroyed at the end of the turn unless the planet they orbit is also captured.
- Updated railgun animation.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause stations to attempt to attack themselves.
- Missile hardpoints can no longer mount torpedoes.
- The Ashdar missile cruiser now has torpedo, rather than missile, mounts.
- Fixes for some sound and animation glitches affecting the Herald and Mediator ships.
- The Herald now arrives in a unique ship type.
- Added several new Arda-specific ship components.
- Updated background art for the Tinkers leaders.
- Changes to the behavior of Space Harpy swarm events.
- Bombers can no longer carry Torpedoes (they're limited instead to missile weapons).
- New background for battles at Hyperspace Anomalies.
- Fix for a rare bug that could be triggered by rendering certain text strings.
- Fix for a bug in the planet production info panes.
- Fix for a layout problem in the planet production info panes.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing declaration of war notifications from appearing.
- Fixed the on-click behaviors of the small icons in the agreement dialog panes.
- Fixes for some in game text errors (missing tooltips, etc.).
- Fix for a bug that could be caused by allying with a player with access to hyperspace anomalies.
- Fix for a bug that could be caused by opening the fleet list pane while at a hyperspace anomaly.
- Harpy raiding fleets should be signifigantly smaller on 'Easy' difficulty games.
- Ship weapon selection states should now be reset at the start of each turn.
- Successfully rebellions will now destroy all orbital infrastructure.
- Destroying a Star Harpy 'Mediator' will now grant a 1-time science bonus.
- Double-clicking on a save in the Load pane will now load the selected game.
- Fix for a bug in the Tinkers' mercenary exchange.
- Additional tutorials explaining Tinker-specific mechanics.
- Reduced the number of Marauder companies generated in new maps.
- A few AI behavior tweaks.
- New icons for several actions and activities specific to Tinkers.
- Several new random events related to discovering ancient technology caches.
- Tinker fighter bays will now rebuild fighters each tactical turn (at the same rate at other autorepair effects).
- Workaround for a tech-line rendering bug present on older Intel laptops.
- The Tinkers' starting technology is now called 'Portable Fabrication'.
- This patch includes changes that may be incompatible with saves from recent development builds.
- The Tinker's Mobile Outpost has been renamed to 'Asteroid Outpost'.
- Building an Asteroid Outpost now requires a planet with the Debris Ring special.
- Tinker munitions will regenerate each tactical turn (munitions regerate at the same rate as other autorepair effects).
- Added the space hab component and several assosisated mechanics.
- More changes to AI handling of 3+ sided conflicts.
- Updates to the AI logic related to constructing markets.
- Fix for a bug that could occur when negotiating to end a war with Marauders.
- Huge maps now default to 8 players (up from 7).
- The long range mod now correctly increases range to 150%, as per it's description.
- Fix for a bug in the in-game docs for planet food production.
- Tinker players now have the 'Manufacture Population' activity in place of 'City Planning'.
- Fix for a bug caused by retreating mobile stations from tactical combat.
- AI Tinker players should now build machine altars rather than factories.
- AI Tinker players should now be less likely to build farms.
- Increased the set of video drivers that default to 'Simplified Graphics' (adding a few older/more obscure Intel chipsets).
- Populations that do not require food should now continue to grow naturally even when other races on the same planet are starving.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by trying to delete a game when the sound effect volume was set to 0.
- Initial implementation of the Tinker faction.
- Tiny planets will now spawn in new maps -- tiny planets cannot be colonized.
- Signifigant rebalance of planet spawn rates -- small/fringe worlds of all types are now less common.
- The debris ring special now appears around certain planets.
- Asteroid Bases can now be built around planet with debris rings (with appropriate technology).
- Fix for a bug that was causing the AI to inappropriately favor shipyards over armed stations.
- Ships with functioning autorepair systems will automatically be fully repaired at the end of combat.
- Changes to many race biom affinities -- most signifigantly affecting Spice Mongers and Tinkers.
- Outposts can now provide repair and refit facilities to visiting fleets if equipped with a construction module.
- Fix for a bug that was allowing outposts without fuel depos to serve as fuel bases.
- Low-level changes intended to work around recently discovered AMD driver issues.
- Changed AI handling of three+ sided conflicts, should fix logic errors in AI code.
- Added several new UI sounds.
- Added several map shape options to the map settings pane.
- The influence cost of peace treaties now scales depending on how the war has proceeded.
- Resource trading with other empires should now be possible.
- Reduced the frequency of several types of planet disaster events.
- All empires now receive 1 influence per turn if they have any contact with alien empires.
- 'B' now acts as a hotkey for buying production on the currently selected planet.
- Added a 'Right Click Close' UI option to the Options pane.
- Hiring mercenaries now costs influence, in addition to coins.
- Fix for a formatting error when trading with marauder companies.
- A variety of diplomatic outcomes are now possible when your fleets intercept alien colony ships.
- Low-level changes intended to work around a glitch in the latest AMD drivers.
- In windowed mode, window resizing cursors should now appear when appropriate.
- Fix for a bug that could cause re-contacted empires to respond as if you'd just meet.
- When initially researched, Markets now increase trade capacity by 2 each (up from 0).
- Fix for a bug introduced by recent changes that was causing the Trade activity to do nothing.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing tech tree zoom from responding to mouse wheel events.
- Altered the deficit handling rules -- forced scrapping now always yields some coin return.
- Adjusted planet autobuild logic to favor Trade in situations where deficits are imminent.
- AI players should now build more Markets during the late game.
- Ground unit upkeeps now appear as a separate item in the economic on-hover text.
- Shipyard ship build cost discounts no longer stack.
- Algorians and Pell now have the 'Friendly' racial trait.
- Tweaks to the DLL loading process.
- Mercenary upkeeps should now be visible in the mercenary hire overlay.
- Adjustments to Tinker pop caps on various planets.
- Reduced the cost reductions provided by 'Subspace Networking'.
- Fix for a bug that was causing Tinkers and Androids to suffer the 'Alien Rulers' morale penalty.
- Upkeep costs for all ground units have been halved.
- Upkeep costs for most ships have been increased.
- Upkeep costs for planet defenses greater than level 1 have been increased.
- Upkeep costs for ships built using older versions of the game are unaffected.
- Surplus food is now converted to coins at a rate of 1/4 (rounded down).
- The tech tree view now includes 3 different zoom levels.
- The mousewheel can be used to toggle between tech tree zoom levels.
- Opening and closing the tech pane should no longer reset the currently selected tech.
- Tweaks to the GLSL compiler to improve compatibility with Linux/Wine. (Wine compatibility remains unsupported/experimental.)
- Enfi now provide 3 labor each (up from 2).
- The 'simplified graphics' rendering mode is now enabled by default for all Intel HD 3000 and Radeon HD 7800 Series cards.
- Fixed a few description text errors.
- Increased the base resource yields of most native populations.
- Reduced the cost of Bombers by one-third.
- Increased the cost of Strike Fighters and added Antimatter as a prerequisite for the Multirole Fighters tech.
- Increased the cost of Heavy Railguns and halved damage.
- Deflector screens now absorb 50% of kinetic weapons damage, while Battle shields now absorb 70%.
- Decreased the damage of Neutron Beams.
- Increased the research costs of late game technologies.
- Ashdar colonial carriers now carry +1 fighter per hangar.
- Fix for a bug in the tactical weapon selection UI.
- It should once again be possible to scrap markets.
- Changes to avoid blurriness on high DPI monitors.
- New UI scaling rules for very high resolution monitors.
- Candidate fix for a display bug triggered by galaxy screen rendering. (Effected graphics cards include most newer AMD Radeons.)
- Fix for a bug in the planet farming/food description text.
- Adjustments to the language in various in-game resource production descriptions.
- The technology 'Energy Torpedoes' is now called 'Plasma Projectiles'.
- The damage of Pulson Launchers has been increased from 35 to 50.
- More updates for the the Load/Save panes and UI.
- Fix for a memory leak introduced by the new wait screen features.
- Updates for the the Load/Save panes and UI.
- Improvements to GoG Galaxy achievement/stat error handling.
- Several fixes for low-level bugs introduced by the new wait screen system.
- Prototype for improved wait screen rendering (Planets should now continue to rotate during end-turn events).
- Low-level changes in the underlying graphics library.
- Workaround for an over-aggressive compiler optimization that caused very odd behavior in the latest 64-bit build.
- The instant refit feature should now correctly trigger the "Harder Faster Better Stronger" achievement.
- Updated to the Visual Studio 2017 runtime libraries.
- Updates for many of the game's random number generators; all native races should now spawn at the intended rates.
- Unresearchable techs should no longer appear in any of the tech tree panes. (In earlier builds, the presence of such techs could cause various bugs.)
- Morale reports for planets that have been lost should now be correctly removed from the notification list, rather than causing exceptions.
- Fix for a bug that could cause Ashdar fighters to appear in place of the correct race-specific art.
- Fixes for inaccuracies in the in-game text appearing under a transport's 'Start Trading' button.
- Selecting Primary Artillery in the tech tree should no longer cause a bug.
- The prerequisite edges for 'Primary Artillery' and 'Stupendous Energy Physics' should now be properly visualized.
- The prereq for 'Stupendous Energy Physics' has been simplified to 'Heavy Ion Beams'.
- Low-level DLL-loading changes to support more distributor APIs.
- 'Set Research' will now implicitly build a queue to the selected research target if possible.
- 'Queue Research' will now add the current research target to the existing research queue.
- In the tech tree view, shift click and right click may now be used as hotkeys for 'Queue Research' and 'Set Research'.
- Research project time costs estimates should no longer incorrectly assume that beakers from the current project can be transferred to any other project.
- The portion of the 'Primary Beams' prereq that included 'Turbolasers' now instead includes 'Advanced Turbolasers'.
- It is now possible to view a visualization of the tech tree by clicking on the tree view icon shown at the top of the technology list.
- 'Hyperspace Cloud Computing' has been renamed to 'Hyperspace Cloud'.
- The Yoral's Frigate hull is now unlocked by 'Interstellar Expeditions', rather than 'Titanium Construction'.
- Opening the dropdown menu in the embark population dialog should no longer trigger an exception.
- Disabling 'advisor suggestions' should now suppress special resource notifications.
- You should now receive at most 1 special resource notification per resource per game.
- Fighters and bombers should now always use the latest available munitions/weapons.
- Strike fighters should now correctly switch between attacking with energy weapons or missiles, depending on their target.
- Fix for a bug that could prevent raider units from embarking from low-population planets.
- The Mods subdirectory can now be used to install\manage Mods. For additional info, please read: Mods\MakingMods.txt.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause a crash when closing the ship designer pane.
- Unlocking 'Dreadnoughts' no longer requires 'Duranium Construction'.
- Removed the redundant 'Small Craft' prereq for 'Light Carrier'.
- Removed the redundant 'Graviton Physics' prereq for 'Star Gates'.
- Removed the redundant 'Fusion' prereq for 'Plasma Focusing'.
- Applying an autodesign template to a planet defense design should no longer cause an exception.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause fleets to disappear after issuing a movement command.
- Rejecting the results of a galactic council vote should no longer cause a bug.
- Fix for a gunport animation glitch affecting several heavier Orthin hulls.
- Bombardment notifications now contain more information.
- The 'Ancient Guardians' faction should no longer appear in the faction list.
- Added on-hover tooltips for terraforming projects.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause planets to stop taking bombardment damage.
- If an enemy empire bombs and then invades one of your planets, you should now receive a notification for the bombardment, in addition to the notification of invasion.
- The on-hover text for artificial planets should no longer incorrectly assume that planet slots occupied by gas giants are unavailable.
- Updates to item display for the colony base, terraforming, and artificial planet projects.
- Attempting to launch assault shuttles from a ship with 0 crew should no longer cause a crash.
- It should no longer be possible for planet projects to have negative buy costs.
- Weapon modifications should no longer persist after selecting one of the autodesign options under the 'Hardpoints' menu.
- It is now possible to change the sorting criteria used in the planet report pane.
- The Project/Ships/All tabs should now be disabled in the "CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT:" subpane.
- Fix for possible data corruption in the Orthin mercenary art.
- The 'EXIT' button in the mercenary exchange bottom bar should now work as intended.
- Fixes for formatting problems that could occur in the tech advance report for several physics technologies.
- The 'Repeat Build' special action can now be added to the queue using either a right or left click.
- Right-clicking on a ship in the CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT subpane should now have the same effect as hitting the 'Queue Refit' on hover action.
- Outpost planets should no longer incorrectly display 'Chance to Revolt' warnings. (Outposts should never revolt.)
- Fix for a crash that could be caused by rolling back time to a moment when the currently displayed ship or station did not exist.
- Fixes for a few errors in the technology info text.
- Hitting the INVADE or BOMBARD action buttons below a planet should now bring up the relevant report panes, even if those reports were previously dismissed.
- The 'Buy Slaves' option in the Marauder encounter should now open the appropriate trade screen if selected.
- Tribute/bribe agreements should now function properly.
- Fix for a bug that could prevent the AI from taking full advantage of its trade capacity.
- The AI should now make better choices when deciding where and when to build ground forces.
- Scrapping a ship while it's undergoing a refit should no longer cause a bug.
- Refitting a colony ship should no longer destroy any colonists it's carrying.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by destroying the homeworld of a raider company that controlled multiple planets.
- The 'ambivalent' racial trait should now work as intended.
- Instant refit, mass refit, and queue refit are now available as on-hover actions in the CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT planet sub-pane.
- Performing an instant refit on a ship will now mark it as 'inactive', preventing it from moving or firing weapons for the rest of the turn.
- Ships undergoing a refit will no longer be removed from the galaxy map.
- Groups of Marines should no longer be referred to as 'Marineses', my Precious!
- It is now possible to add partially completed ship refit projects to the production queue.
- Damaged ships will now display red 'hull integrity' bars in the fleet and ship status panes.
- Stored construction progress will now display for certain projects.
- Added additional warnings in the case that planets may not be able to complete their production due to metal shortages.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing ground units from storing incomplete production progress.
- Fix for a bug that could give extra wrenches to planets suffering from a metal shortage.
- When using the 'embark colonists' ship action, it should now be possible to chose the species of the embarking colonists.
- The NEWS UPDATES text should now include a warning message if you appear to be running a version older than the latest major patch.
- The Plasma Cannon's firing sound effect should now trigger properly.
- Fix for a rare exception that could occur while embarking colonists.
- The instant refit feature now requires that ships be stationed in a system that contains an orbital facility capable of performing the refit.
- Super Dreadnaught weapon mounts should now hold 50% more weapons than similar Battleship mounts, as originally intended.
- The mass refit feature should now function correctly for orbital stations.
- Planet defense designs should now have tooltips and better sorting in the Edit Design pane.
- It is now possible to edit and rename the special station design used when building outposts.
- Fix for a data corruption issue that could be caused by refitting an Outpost to a design that did not include a fuel depot.
- Outposts captured in battle should now cause control of the planet to change to the captor's side.
- Updated fighter docking animations.
- Expanded the hardpoint drop region used in the designer panes.
- The 'enable advisor suggestions' option should now be hidden if there is no active game.
- Mineral rich/mineral poor and 'starships ready' notifications are now classified as 'advisor suggestions', and can thus be enabled/disabled.
- Adjusted the logic used to select improvements when a planets production has been automated.
- Updated troubleshooting section for the game manual
- *New rogue super dreadnaught system encounter.
- Updated primary beam art.
- All factions now have access to the Super Dreadnought hull.
- Fix for a crash present in maps where all sides were playing as 'Humanity'.
- Updated primary beam art.
- All factions now have access to the Super Dreadnought hull.
- Fix for a crash present in maps where all sides were playing as 'Humanity'.
- Fix for a bug that could be caused by destroying a marauder base while the marauder fleet was away raiding for slaves.
- It should no longer be possible to send slaves or Phidi cultural missions to planets you do not control.
- Accepting a Phidi cultural mission when you do not have enough transports to carry the colonists should no longer cause a bug.
- Destroying a pirate raid while it is still forming should no longer cause a bug.
- Destroying a planet that is under attack by a third-party AI should no longer lead to a 'tried to start a battle during end turn processing' exception.
- Fix for a bug that could cause an exception after using the instant refit feature on a Stargate.
- Hotfix for a bug that could be triggered by using the instant-refit feature on the Human's starting heavy cruiser, leading to a range of possible secondary bugs.
- Fix for a bug that could cause ships originally built by other empires have glitches with their instant-refit action.
- Hotfix for a bug that could case a black-screen while editing certain Orthin designs.
- The assault shuttle boarding action should now have appropriate animations/mechanics.
- Removed several empire-wide morale penalties.
- Updated emperor rear-facing art.
- Hotfix for a bug that caused delays in the Heavy Weapon beam attack animations.
- Hotfix for a bug that could cause errors while hovering over targets with the Stellar Surge Beam.
- Added art for the Stellar Surge Beam.
- Added rear-facing art for Director Ten Shells.
- Fix for a bug that could cause glitches during strike fighter animations.
- Planet disaster events should no longer strike outposts.
- Boarding a ship now requires that one of its shields is down.
- Transporters now function as described.
- All embarked units now increase the crew rating of their cost ship by +50.
- Embarked Assault Marines increase crew ratings by +100.
- Assault Shuttles now make it possible to board mobile enemy ships within range 8.
- New art assets for Transporters and AutoRepair Systems.
- New art assets for Farms, Mines, and Markets.
- Doubled the number of small craft per hanger mount.
- Added the ability to disband ground units via the population info pane.
- Ships equipped with one or more Stellar Surge Beams may now destroy hostile planets.
- Optimized load-pane rendering.
- Fix for a bug that could cause a starvation notification to persist after the cause of the food shortage had been addressed.
- New tutorial text explaining the Fertility mechanics (displayed with the first starvation warning notification.)
- Updated art for fighters and shuttles.
- Researching the 'Planet Construction' technology should now allow you to build planets.
- Preemptively attacking a raiding pirate fleet should no longer cause a bug.
- Implementation and description text for 'Race Mind'.
- Implementation and description text for 'Interspecies Law'.
- Battle shields should now prevent 50% of damage from kinetic weapon fire.
- Force lance attacks should now pierce all shields other than the Temporal Aegis.
- Additional tutorial notifications in the event of founding your first colony and initial marauder/pirate battles.
- Various updates to the in-game documentation text.
- It is now possible to exit the game directly from the game menu pane.
- Added implementation and description text for 'Hyperspace Cloud Computing'.
- Updates for the Research screen frames/tooltips.
- The "Embark Colonists" pane now includes an option for loading colonists to transports in orbit.
- Added a "Game Speed" option to the map settings screen.
- It is now possible to suppress the display of obsolete parts in the ship design pane.
- Added a 'Mass Refit' option to the ship status pane.
- Weapon damage range information now appears in the available component list.
- Updated frames and buttons for the strategic ship info panes.
- It is now possible to instantly refit ships using coins.
- It is now possible to rename ships.
- It is now possible to refit a ship to an existing design by accessing the Hardpoints dropdown menu in the designer UI.
- It is now possible to access various autodesign features from the Ship Designer panes.
- It is now possible to filter the list of components shown in the Ship Designer panes.
- Anti-missiles can now be placed in light weapon hardpoints.
- All light weapons can now be placed in heavy weapon hardpoints.
- Restructured some internal data related to the random event system.
- Added behaviors for a few new random events.
- Updates to the Ship Designer frames.
- A few fixes for the ship production icon placement and display.
- Fix for a bug that could cause a planet to revolt and then immediately rejoin its parent empire, leading to corrupt game data.
- Fix for a bug that could cause an "ai started up a battle during end-turn" exception.
- Removed some rounding logic in the population growth rules that was causing confusing behavior.
- Added a new UI option 'Color planets by Habitability'.
- Fixes for some missile animation glitches.
- Clicking on a grey 'Propose' button while the trading pane is open should no longer cause an error.
- Low-level engine updates to allow the integration of various Steam API features.
- Steam users should now be able to unlock a variety of achievements.
- Increased the wrench cost of Colony Ships.
- Fixes for bugs/animation glitches that could occur when antimissiles fired from planetary defense bases.
- Antimissiles will now autofire like other pd weapons.
- Added an end turn warning in the case that you do not respond to a request from an alien emperor.
- Double-left clicking on a report notification that pertains to a planet should now reliably open the planet's info screens.
- You can now rename star systems under your control by clicking on the large system name text while the star is selected.
- Opening the galactic council pane after declining to call a council vote should no longer cause a bug.
- It should no longer be possible to simultaneously destroy and capture the same planet.
- Fix for a rare bug that could be triggered when Marauders dispatched raiding fleets.
- Hotfix for a bug triggered by firing antimissiles mounted in a "Missile" hardpoint.
- Fix for a bug that could cause Marauder bases to build improvements without limit.
- Ships equipped with Distortion Generators now start tactical battles 'cloaked'.
- Ships equipped with Distortion Generators are now more difficult to detect while moving between planets.
- Adjustments to the tactical AI related to the cloaking mechanic.
- Ships and fleets effected by the reduced strategic detection range special are now displayed differently on the galaxy map.
- Cloaked ships will now implicitly decloak before firing, if the player selects an 'attack' action.
- It is now possible to view your own empire's statistics in the diplomatic screen.
- Each faction's reputation level will now appear in the faction list, along with their diplomatic state.
- Added more information to the Mercenary Exchange UIs.
- Fix for a bug that could occur when encountering a marauder raiding party.
- Removed placeholder anti-missile animations.
- Adjustments for Marauder balance on various difficultly levels.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing Marauders from launching raids.
- Reduced the spawn rates of Ocean worlds in the case that 'abundant habitable planets' is set.
- Assorted minor fixes for the raiding and ground combat mechanics.
- Distortion fields should now work in game.
- You may now right-click on a weapon in the tactical console to prevent it from firing.
- You may no longer build colony ships on low population planets.
- Refitting a Stargate should no longer cause a bug.
- Fix for a bug that could cause planets to silently switch to auto-build mode without ever notifying the player.
- Unlocked Phidi and Ashdar Imperial factions.
- Initial implementation of the Phidi mercenary exchange.
- Minor adjustments to the population growth rate rules.
- Entering a save name with trailing or leading whitespace should no longer cause a bug.
- Repacked the sound effect assets; this should reduce the game's system memory footprint significantly.
- Fixed sound effect configurations of several mid-late game beam weapons.
- Experimental changes to the trade route formula.
- Colony ships and Colony bases now both remove a colonist from the world producing them when they complete.
- Assorted minor changes to habitability rules -- Gremak will now have slightly higher pop caps on Arid worlds, Phidi and Orthin slightly lower.
- Excess wrench production from prior projects should now carry over to the planet's next project.
- 'Marauder Raiders' are now unlocked by the 'Marauder Raiders' tech, rather than being tied to Viper Launchers.
- Phidi and Orthin will no longer be able to colonize Steppes worlds without hostile-environment technology.
- Gremak are now able to colonize Arid, Desert, and Steppes worlds without hostile-environment technology.
- Adjusted the returns from the 'forced labor' and 'experiment' actions. Both will now scale with the empire's Factory / Lab level.
- Updates for the tooltips and text content in the colonist and ground unit info panes.
- Updates to the lists of possible star system names.
- New button styles for enslave/liberate actions.
- Orthin and Threshers should once again be able to farm on Garden worlds.
- Lummox should no longer be capable of farming on thin-atmosphere Arid worlds.
- It is now possible to use slaves for science experiments (similar to the existing 'forced labor' mechanic).
- Adjustments to missile damage, increased munitions for all designs.
- The upper limit of stars on 'Huge' maps has been increased to 500, to allow experimentation with larger map sizes. WARNING: maps above 99 stars may cause performance issues.
- Adjusted the difficulty of 'Normal' and 'Hard' maps.
- Added the 'Brutal' difficulty level.
- Excess research from prior projects will now carry over into the next research project.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing human refugees from being removed from a planet if captured by Gremak raiders.
- Fix for a bug that could cause AI-controlled planets to construct 'negative improvements', leading to a range of odd behaviors.
- The game should no longer crash on launch if the sound system is unable to initialize.
- Updated to FMOD 1.08.14.
- Spacing adjustments for some fleet ship layouts.
- Fix for a bug involving the 'Repeat' production item.
- Fixed several missing ship, system, and hardpoint descriptions.
- The current binary type and graphics adapter name are now shown in the lower-right corner of the start screen.
- Planetary defense bases now have unlimited power and munitions.
- Increased the production of slaves from 1 wrench to 2 wrenches.
- Reduced the prereq set for the 'Shipyards' tech.
- Forming an alliance with all remaining factions should no longer cause a crash; instead you and your allies will be awarded a joint victory.
- Fixes for starvation bugs that could occur if you exported food in response to another empire's request for aid.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by refitting Ancient Stargates.
- Fixes for a few bugs in the colonist transport UIs.
- It should no longer be possible to use the 'embark colonists' button to steal colonists from other factions.
- Hotfix for a bug related to the new Harpy Plasma Spitter weapon system.
- Pirates should now be more effective at preventing communication with minor factions inhabiting stars that they control.
- Stargates should no longer count against your orbital slot maximum.
- Fixes for some problematic interactions between the production queue and autobuild features.
- Added the 'Star Harpies' encounter (some placeholder assets remain).
- Added the 'Ocean World' planet type.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by reverse engineering captured missile cruisers.
- There is now an Ancient Stargate in orbit of Ashdar Prime.
- Changes to Stargate Mechanics.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by srcapping an outpost.
- Assorted updates to the in-game technology text and diplomacy dialog.
- Spice mongers should no longer populate colony ships, even if they're the most populus race on the planet.
- The presence of the undo/redo buttons can now be controlled via an advanced map setting.
2016-11-08(18067)- 'stable' [list]
[*] Added the 'Mining' activity. (Unlocked by "Industrial Automation")
[*] Added the 'Synthesize food' activity. (Unlocked by "Synthetic Foodstuffs".)
[*] Reduced the frequency of A