- 'Set Research' will now implicitly build a queue to the selected research target if possible.
- 'Queue Research' will now add the current research target to the existing research queue.
- In the tech tree view, shift click and right click may now be used as hotkeys for 'Queue Research' and 'Set Research'.
- Research project time costs estimates should no longer incorrectly assume that beakers from the current project can be transferred to any other project.
- The portion of the 'Primary Beams' prereq that included 'Turbolasers' now instead includes 'Advanced Turbolasers'.
- It is now possible to view a visualization of the tech tree by clicking on the tree view icon shown at the top of the technology list.
- 'Hyperspace Cloud Computing' has been renamed to 'Hyperspace Cloud'.
- The Yoral's Frigate hull is now unlocked by 'Interstellar Expeditions', rather than 'Titanium Construction'.
- Opening the dropdown menu in the embark population dialog should no longer trigger an exception.
- Disabling 'advisor suggestions' should now suppress special resource notifications.
- You should now receive at most 1 special resource notification per resource per game.
- Fighters and bombers should now always use the latest available munitions/weapons.
- Strike fighters should now correctly switch between attacking with energy weapons or missiles, depending on their target.
- Fix for a bug that could prevent raider units from embarking from low-population planets.
- The Mods subdirectory can now be used to install\manage Mods. For additional info, please read: Mods\MakingMods.txt.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause a crash when closing the ship designer pane.
- Unlocking 'Dreadnoughts' no longer requires 'Duranium Construction'.
- Removed the redundant 'Small Craft' prereq for 'Light Carrier'.
- Removed the redundant 'Graviton Physics' prereq for 'Star Gates'.
- Removed the redundant 'Fusion' prereq for 'Plasma Focusing'.
- Applying an autodesign template to a planet defense design should no longer cause an exception.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause fleets to disappear after issuing a movement command.
- Rejecting the results of a galactic council vote should no longer cause a bug.
- Fix for a gunport animation glitch affecting several heavier Orthin hulls.
- Bombardment notifications now contain more information.
- The 'Ancient Guardians' faction should no longer appear in the faction list.
- Added on-hover tooltips for terraforming projects.
- Fix for a rare bug that could cause planets to stop taking bombardment damage.
- If an enemy empire bombs and then invades one of your planets, you should now receive a notification for the bombardment, in addition to the notification of invasion.
- The on-hover text for artificial planets should no longer incorrectly assume that planet slots occupied by gas giants are unavailable.
- Updates to item display for the colony base, terraforming, and artificial planet projects.
- Attempting to launch assault shuttles from a ship with 0 crew should no longer cause a crash.
- It should no longer be possible for planet projects to have negative buy costs.
- Weapon modifications should no longer persist after selecting one of the autodesign options under the 'Hardpoints' menu.
- It is now possible to change the sorting criteria used in the planet report pane.
- The Project/Ships/All tabs should now be disabled in the "CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT:" subpane.
- Fix for possible data corruption in the Orthin mercenary art.
- The 'EXIT' button in the mercenary exchange bottom bar should now work as intended.
- Fixes for formatting problems that could occur in the tech advance report for several physics technologies.
- The 'Repeat Build' special action can now be added to the queue using either a right or left click.
- Right-clicking on a ship in the CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT subpane should now have the same effect as hitting the 'Queue Refit' on hover action.
- Outpost planets should no longer incorrectly display 'Chance to Revolt' warnings. (Outposts should never revolt.)
- Fix for a crash that could be caused by rolling back time to a moment when the currently displayed ship or station did not exist.
- Fixes for a few errors in the technology info text.
- Hitting the INVADE or BOMBARD action buttons below a planet should now bring up the relevant report panes, even if those reports were previously dismissed.
- The 'Buy Slaves' option in the Marauder encounter should now open the appropriate trade screen if selected.
- Tribute/bribe agreements should now function properly.
- Fix for a bug that could prevent the AI from taking full advantage of its trade capacity.
- The AI should now make better choices when deciding where and when to build ground forces.
- Scrapping a ship while it's undergoing a refit should no longer cause a bug.
- Refitting a colony ship should no longer destroy any colonists it's carrying.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by destroying the homeworld of a raider company that controlled multiple planets.
- The 'ambivalent' racial trait should now work as intended.
- Instant refit, mass refit, and queue refit are now available as on-hover actions in the CHOOSE SHIP FOR REFIT planet sub-pane.
- Performing an instant refit on a ship will now mark it as 'inactive', preventing it from moving or firing weapons for the rest of the turn.
- Ships undergoing a refit will no longer be removed from the galaxy map.
- Groups of Marines should no longer be referred to as 'Marineses', my Precious!
- It is now possible to add partially completed ship refit projects to the production queue.
- Damaged ships will now display red 'hull integrity' bars in the fleet and ship status panes.
- Stored construction progress will now display for certain projects.
- Added additional warnings in the case that planets may not be able to complete their production due to metal shortages.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing ground units from storing incomplete production progress.
- Fix for a bug that could give extra wrenches to planets suffering from a metal shortage.
- When using the 'embark colonists' ship action, it should now be possible to chose the species of the embarking colonists.
- The NEWS UPDATES text should now include a warning message if you appear to be running a version older than the latest major patch.
- The Plasma Cannon's firing sound effect should now trigger properly.
- Fix for a rare exception that could occur while embarking colonists.
- The instant refit feature now requires that ships be stationed in a system that contains an orbital facility capable of performing the refit.
- Super Dreadnaught weapon mounts should now hold 50% more weapons than similar Battleship mounts, as originally intended.
- The mass refit feature should now function correctly for orbital stations.
- Planet defense designs should now have tooltips and better sorting in the Edit Design pane.
- It is now possible to edit and rename the special station design used when building outposts.
- Fix for a data corruption issue that could be caused by refitting an Outpost to a design that did not include a fuel depot.
- Outposts captured in battle should now cause control of the planet to change to the captor's side.
- Updated fighter docking animations.
- Expanded the hardpoint drop region used in the designer panes.
- The 'enable advisor suggestions' option should now be hidden if there is no active game.
- Mineral rich/mineral poor and 'starships ready' notifications are now classified as 'advisor suggestions', and can thus be enabled/disabled.
- Adjusted the logic used to select improvements when a planets production has been automated.
- Updated troubleshooting section for the game manual
- *New rogue super dreadnaught system encounter.
- Updated primary beam art.
- All factions now have access to the Super Dreadnought hull.
- Fix for a crash present in maps where all sides were playing as 'Humanity'.
- Updated primary beam art.
- All factions now have access to the Super Dreadnought hull.
- Fix for a crash present in maps where all sides were playing as 'Humanity'.
- Fix for a bug that could be caused by destroying a marauder base while the marauder fleet was away raiding for slaves.
- It should no longer be possible to send slaves or Phidi cultural missions to planets you do not control.
- Accepting a Phidi cultural mission when you do not have enough transports to carry the colonists should no longer cause a bug.
- Destroying a pirate raid while it is still forming should no longer cause a bug.
- Destroying a planet that is under attack by a third-party AI should no longer lead to a 'tried to start a battle during end turn processing' exception.
- Fix for a bug that could cause an exception after using the instant refit feature on a Stargate.
- Hotfix for a bug that could be triggered by using the instant-refit feature on the Human's starting heavy cruiser, leading to a range of possible secondary bugs.
- Fix for a bug that could cause ships originally built by other empires have glitches with their instant-refit action.
- Hotfix for a bug that could case a black-screen while editing certain Orthin designs.
- The assault shuttle boarding action should now have appropriate animations/mechanics.
- Removed several empire-wide morale penalties.
- Updated emperor rear-facing art.
- Hotfix for a bug that caused delays in the Heavy Weapon beam attack animations.
- Hotfix for a bug that could cause errors while hovering over targets with the Stellar Surge Beam.
- Added art for the Stellar Surge Beam.
- Added rear-facing art for Director Ten Shells.
- Fix for a bug that could cause glitches during strike fighter animations.
- Planet disaster events should no longer strike outposts.
- Boarding a ship now requires that one of its shields is down.
- Transporters now function as described.
- All embarked units now increase the crew rating of their cost ship by +50.
- Embarked Assault Marines increase crew ratings by +100.
- Assault Shuttles now make it possible to board mobile enemy ships within range 8.
- New art assets for Transporters and AutoRepair Systems.
- New art assets for Farms, Mines, and Markets.
- Doubled the number of small craft per hanger mount.
- Added the ability to disband ground units via the population info pane.
- Ships equipped with one or more Stellar Surge Beams may now destroy hostile planets.
- Optimized load-pane rendering.
- Fix for a bug that could cause a starvation notification to persist after the cause of the food shortage had been addressed.
- New tutorial text explaining the Fertility mechanics (displayed with the first starvation warning notification.)
- Updated art for fighters and shuttles.
- Researching the 'Planet Construction' technology should now allow you to build planets.
- Preemptively attacking a raiding pirate fleet should no longer cause a bug.
- Implementation and description text for 'Race Mind'.
- Implementation and description text for 'Interspecies Law'.
- Battle shields should now prevent 50% of damage from kinetic weapon fire.
- Force lance attacks should now pierce all shields other than the Temporal Aegis.
- Additional tutorial notifications in the event of founding your first colony and initial marauder/pirate battles.
- Various updates to the in-game documentation text.
- It is now possible to exit the game directly from the game menu pane.
- Added implementation and description text for 'Hyperspace Cloud Computing'.
- Updates for the Research screen frames/tooltips.
- The "Embark Colonists" pane now includes an option for loading colonists to transports in orbit.
- Added a "Game Speed" option to the map settings screen.
- It is now possible to suppress the display of obsolete parts in the ship design pane.
- Added a 'Mass Refit' option to the ship status pane.
- Weapon damage range information now appears in the available component list.
- Updated frames and buttons for the strategic ship info panes.
- It is now possible to instantly refit ships using coins.
- It is now possible to rename ships.
- It is now possible to refit a ship to an existing design by accessing the Hardpoints dropdown menu in the designer UI.
- It is now possible to access various autodesign features from the Ship Designer panes.
- It is now possible to filter the list of components shown in the Ship Designer panes.
- Anti-missiles can now be placed in light weapon hardpoints.
- All light weapons can now be placed in heavy weapon hardpoints.
- Restructured some internal data related to the random event system.
- Added behaviors for a few new random events.
- Updates to the Ship Designer frames.
- A few fixes for the ship production icon placement and display.
- Fix for a bug that could cause a planet to revolt and then immediately rejoin its parent empire, leading to corrupt game data.
- Fix for a bug that could cause an "ai started up a battle during end-turn" exception.
- Removed some rounding logic in the population growth rules that was causing confusing behavior.
- Added a new UI option 'Color planets by Habitability'.
- Fixes for some missile animation glitches.
- Clicking on a grey 'Propose' button while the trading pane is open should no longer cause an error.
- Low-level engine updates to allow the integration of various Steam API features.
- Steam users should now be able to unlock a variety of achievements.
- Increased the wrench cost of Colony Ships.
- Fixes for bugs/animation glitches that could occur when antimissiles fired from planetary defense bases.
- Antimissiles will now autofire like other pd weapons.
- Added an end turn warning in the case that you do not respond to a request from an alien emperor.
- Double-left clicking on a report notification that pertains to a planet should now reliably open the planet's info screens.
- You can now rename star systems under your control by clicking on the large system name text while the star is selected.
- Opening the galactic council pane after declining to call a council vote should no longer cause a bug.
- It should no longer be possible to simultaneously destroy and capture the same planet.
- Fix for a rare bug that could be triggered when Marauders dispatched raiding fleets.
- Hotfix for a bug triggered by firing antimissiles mounted in a "Missile" hardpoint.
- Fix for a bug that could cause Marauder bases to build improvements without limit.
- Ships equipped with Distortion Generators now start tactical battles 'cloaked'.
- Ships equipped with Distortion Generators are now more difficult to detect while moving between planets.
- Adjustments to the tactical AI related to the cloaking mechanic.
- Ships and fleets effected by the reduced strategic detection range special are now displayed differently on the galaxy map.
- Cloaked ships will now implicitly decloak before firing, if the player selects an 'attack' action.
- It is now possible to view your own empire's statistics in the diplomatic screen.
- Each faction's reputation level will now appear in the faction list, along with their diplomatic state.
- Added more information to the Mercenary Exchange UIs.
- Fix for a bug that could occur when encountering a marauder raiding party.
- Removed placeholder anti-missile animations.
- Adjustments for Marauder balance on various difficultly levels.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing Marauders from launching raids.
- Reduced the spawn rates of Ocean worlds in the case that 'abundant habitable planets' is set.
- Assorted minor fixes for the raiding and ground combat mechanics.
- Distortion fields should now work in game.
- You may now right-click on a weapon in the tactical console to prevent it from firing.
- You may no longer build colony ships on low population planets.
- Refitting a Stargate should no longer cause a bug.
- Fix for a bug that could cause planets to silently switch to auto-build mode without ever notifying the player.
- Unlocked Phidi and Ashdar Imperial factions.
- Initial implementation of the Phidi mercenary exchange.
- Minor adjustments to the population growth rate rules.
- Entering a save name with trailing or leading whitespace should no longer cause a bug.
- Repacked the sound effect assets; this should reduce the game's system memory footprint significantly.
- Fixed sound effect configurations of several mid-late game beam weapons.
- Experimental changes to the trade route formula.
- Colony ships and Colony bases now both remove a colonist from the world producing them when they complete.
- Assorted minor changes to habitability rules -- Gremak will now have slightly higher pop caps on Arid worlds, Phidi and Orthin slightly lower.
- Excess wrench production from prior projects should now carry over to the planet's next project.
- 'Marauder Raiders' are now unlocked by the 'Marauder Raiders' tech, rather than being tied to Viper Launchers.
- Phidi and Orthin will no longer be able to colonize Steppes worlds without hostile-environment technology.
- Gremak are now able to colonize Arid, Desert, and Steppes worlds without hostile-environment technology.
- Adjusted the returns from the 'forced labor' and 'experiment' actions. Both will now scale with the empire's Factory / Lab level.
- Updates for the tooltips and text content in the colonist and ground unit info panes.
- Updates to the lists of possible star system names.
- New button styles for enslave/liberate actions.
- Orthin and Threshers should once again be able to farm on Garden worlds.
- Lummox should no longer be capable of farming on thin-atmosphere Arid worlds.
- It is now possible to use slaves for science experiments (similar to the existing 'forced labor' mechanic).
- Adjustments to missile damage, increased munitions for all designs.
- The upper limit of stars on 'Huge' maps has been increased to 500, to allow experimentation with larger map sizes. WARNING: maps above 99 stars may cause performance issues.
- Adjusted the difficulty of 'Normal' and 'Hard' maps.
- Added the 'Brutal' difficulty level.
- Excess research from prior projects will now carry over into the next research project.
- Fix for a bug that was preventing human refugees from being removed from a planet if captured by Gremak raiders.
- Fix for a bug that could cause AI-controlled planets to construct 'negative improvements', leading to a range of odd behaviors.
- The game should no longer crash on launch if the sound system is unable to initialize.
- Updated to FMOD 1.08.14.
- Spacing adjustments for some fleet ship layouts.
- Fix for a bug involving the 'Repeat' production item.
- Fixed several missing ship, system, and hardpoint descriptions.
- The current binary type and graphics adapter name are now shown in the lower-right corner of the start screen.
- Planetary defense bases now have unlimited power and munitions.
- Increased the production of slaves from 1 wrench to 2 wrenches.
- Reduced the prereq set for the 'Shipyards' tech.
- Forming an alliance with all remaining factions should no longer cause a crash; instead you and your allies will be awarded a joint victory.
- Fixes for starvation bugs that could occur if you exported food in response to another empire's request for aid.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by refitting Ancient Stargates.
- Fixes for a few bugs in the colonist transport UIs.
- It should no longer be possible to use the 'embark colonists' button to steal colonists from other factions.
- Hotfix for a bug related to the new Harpy Plasma Spitter weapon system.
- Pirates should now be more effective at preventing communication with minor factions inhabiting stars that they control.
- Stargates should no longer count against your orbital slot maximum.
- Fixes for some problematic interactions between the production queue and autobuild features.
- Added the 'Star Harpies' encounter (some placeholder assets remain).
- Added the 'Ocean World' planet type.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by reverse engineering captured missile cruisers.
- There is now an Ancient Stargate in orbit of Ashdar Prime.
- Changes to Stargate Mechanics.
- Fix for a bug that could be triggered by srcapping an outpost.
- Assorted updates to the in-game technology text and diplomacy dialog.
- Spice mongers should no longer populate colony ships, even if they're the most populus race on the planet.
- The presence of the undo/redo buttons can now be controlled via an advanced map setting.
2016-11-08(18067)- 'stable' [list]
[*] Added the 'Mining' activity. (Unlocked by "Industrial Automation")
[*] Added the 'Synthesize food' activity. (Unlocked by "Synthetic Foodstuffs".)
[*] Reduced the frequency of A