Pulling transports out of the pool?

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
SilasOfBorg

Pulling transports out of the pool?

Postby SilasOfBorg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I turned on the option "send transports directly to the pool", figured I'd cut down the mouse clicks a little. Works exactly as I'd expect.

Now.. I want to load some tanks up. Problem: I have no transports, and the "Move Colonist/Tank" functionality only seems to work between friendly planets.

Do I have to go into the options, turn off, "send transports directly to the pool", then build the transport?

Or is there a way to pull a transport out of the pool, load up a tank, and then direct it to a hostile system?

I tried 'boarding' a tank from the planet view but with no transports in orbit it didn't work (as I expected).

Any suggestions? Is this a UI oversight or am I just missing a button somewhere? I looked, I really did...

Arioch

Re: Pulling transports out of the pool?

Postby Arioch » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:07 pm

You can always pull transports out of the pool. Click on the trade pool icon (yellow ship) on the top bar, select the transport(s) you want to remove from the pool, click on "Recall to Star" (yellow ship button on the left of the transport list), and then select which system to send the transports to.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:09 pm

On the galaxy map, clicl on the yellow "rocket" on the top bar, it should open a fleet menu with all your trade & troop ships in the trade pool.
Select the ones you want and then chart a course, but the function is here called "call to star". The transport will then spawn close to the target system and move there (3 turns wait time)

Edit: Ninja'd :lol:

SilasOfBorg

Postby SilasOfBorg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks guys!

/did not RTFM
//probably should have
///*almost* found it, clicked on the yellow rocket but didn't play around enough

Return to “Testing”