Ship refit issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Ship refit issues

Postby Chasm » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Some issues with ship refitting:
Shipyards do not affect refit speed. If I have a 49 % cost discount due to shipyards, my refits actually take longer to complete then a new hull would.
New components add hammer and metal cost (this is expected), but removed original components do not give the standard scrap value (scrap value is 5% coins from base hammer cost, and 50% metal value, verifiable in a new game by checking station cost vs scrap value). Coins could be applied directly to the refit as a partial hammer purchase, and metal applied to new additional metal costs.
No refit template (this I know is a pending item).

Arioch

Re: Ship refit issues

Postby Arioch » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:20 pm

We are aware that the current refit system is a hassle and consequently is rarely used. We will be overhauling the system, allowing (in addition to the current functionality) multiple ships to be refitted simultaneously by spending coin. You'll also have the option of choosing a class target instead of having to manually select the components for each refit (though this will still be an option). The balance of cost of refits vs. the cost of building new ships will also be considered.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Cool, thanks. The newest build version is very addictive. Diplomacy seems to be working well, and the game as a whole is very enjoyable. Apologies if I seem to be constantly nitpicking.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:15 pm

The feedback is always appreciated.

Hanekem

Postby Hanekem » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Hmmm... on refit balance, perhaps make a refit cheaper than a new hull but more time intensive ton for ton, since the old components need to be pulled out and the new ones installed (with the overall time based on the degree of the refit, I mean changing a turret should be less time intensive than changing the armored belt)

Return to “Testing”