Suggest - Features and Improvements

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
mharmless

Re: Suggest - Features and Improvements

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

sven wrote:A "fire to immobilize" option makes capturing enemy vessels much easier than it is otherwise, and that, I think, makes boarding too strong.

I think I requested this in an earlier post; but this seems like a good place for it again. The engine lights on an immobile ship shut off, but only after you end your turn. So you have to keep clicking into the ship to see if speed hit zero yet. If the engines lights went out as soon as the ship was reduced to zero it would really reduce the clicking while trying to capture, without giving you any new info you didn't already have access to.

Edit: I left too many quotes in place when I edited the quote block down, attributing to bjg text that was actually from sven. fixed.
Last edited by mharmless on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm

I didn't see any "engine lights" on Phidi's Heavy Carriers, and yet they where perfectly mobile. Just write "immobile" (like in MoO2), or make some colored frame, or both.
The clicking_to select doesn't work at all, BTW, only shift-framing, which is very annoying.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:29 pm

bjg wrote:I didn't see any "engine lights" on Phidi's Heavy Carriers, and yet they where perfectly mobile. Just write "immobile" (like in MoO2), or make some colored frame, or both.
The clicking_to select doesn't work at all, BTW, only shift-framing, which is very annoying.

Shift framing meaning where you have to scroll the screen to get the ship you want to inspect down near the box at the bottom?

Clicking works for me, but sometimes is lost/broken when I mouse over other ships. If I click the ship I want and then path the mouse down to the info box without going over other ships it usually works.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:22 pm

I don't even bother trying to get info of the enemy's ship - it's "black magic" now.
Even selecting my own ships is tricky. I simply cant select/deselect a single ship by clicking on it, only by shift-dragging a "box" around it (a "group selection").

halftea

Postby halftea » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Kind of on the same note, It seems limpet missiles don't seem to be slowing targets at all. I thought that feature had been turned on, guess it hadn't yet.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:53 pm

mharmless wrote:I think I requested this in an earlier post; but this seems like a good place for it again. The engine lights on an immobile ship shut off, but only after you end your turn.

Sorry for not getting to this one sooner. If the engines aren't turning off as soon as a ship is immobilized, that's a bug. I haven't been able to replicate it, can you upload a save where this is happening?

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:18 am

sven wrote:If the engines aren't turning off as soon as a ship is immobilized, that's a bug.

Confirming seeing "engines aren't turning off" till the end of the turn. Did see otherwise too. Did see ships where I couldn't find the "engines" (or they where "off" all the times).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:07 am

bjg wrote:Confirming seeing "engines aren't turning off" till the end of the turn. Did see otherwise too. Did see ships where I couldn't find the "engines" (or they where "off" all the times).

The "upload game logs" option should work inside tactical combat, so if either of you could upload one of these games, I'd appreciate it.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:53 am

game_848 - it's reproducible. Load - engines on, hit "end turn" - engines off.

Update: Is this sufficient? I've seen it several times since.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:46 pm

bjg wrote:game_848 - it's reproducible. Load - engines on, hit "end turn" - engines off.

Update: Is this sufficient? I've seen it several times since.

Yup -- it was an easy fix -- just took me a few days to get around to it. The bug should no longer occur as of r14770.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:14 pm

sven wrote:The bug should no longer occur as of r14770.

But the current build is 14768.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 pm

bjg wrote:
sven wrote:The bug should no longer occur as of r14770.

But the current build is 14768.

Opps. Looks like I forgot to mark that patch as 'stable'. It should be posted now.

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:51 am

Is there a way to attack a fleet on your planet's orbit other than an "event" (if you close the "event" or it didn't come up because of a bug/glitch)?

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:48 pm

By looking at any but Humanity transport you can tell if it's loaded or not. Would be nice if you make the same distinctions for the Humanity one.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 pm

bjg wrote:Is there a way to attack a fleet on your planet's orbit other than an "event" (if you close the "event" or it didn't come up because of a bug/glitch)?

At present, there's not. I'd like to change to the UIs so there is. Thanks for the suggestion -- anytime someone asks for something I've been wanting to do myself, I push that feature a little higher up my own TODO list ;)

Return to “Testing”