Suggest - Features and Improvements

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
bjg

Re: Suggest - Features and Improvements

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Some clear way to check the "info" screen of any ship (yours or enemies).
Or do I not see something obvious?

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:35 pm

An optional event for enemy (red line) fleet/ship coming to your system.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:25 pm

bjg wrote:Some clear way to check the "info" screen of any ship (yours or enemies).
Or do I not see something obvious?

On the strategic map, clicking on any fleet icon (friendly or enemy) should bring up a list of ships in the bottom pane. Mousing over any of these ships should display an Ship Information (?) icon. Clicking on this icon will take you to the ship information screen.

In tactical combat, left-clicking on any ship (friendly or enemy) will cause it to appear in one of the two windows in the lower pane. Left-clicking on the image of a ship in one of these windows will take you do the information screen for that ship.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Arioch wrote:In tactical combat, left-clicking on any ship (friendly or enemy) will cause it to appear in one of the two windows in the lower pane. Left-clicking on the image of a ship in one of these windows will take you do the information screen for that ship.

It does appear, but only while the mouse is over it, so the recepy doesn't work (for me). Why don't you implement the same "question mark" mechanism as on the strategic map.

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:31 pm

bjg wrote:It does appear, but only while the mouse is over it, so the recepy doesn't work (for me). Why don't you implement the same "question mark" mechanism as on the strategic map.

You have to click on the ship you want to inspect, it should get a little brownish-color border and continue to be shown at the bottom when you aren't hovering over it. Then you can mouse down and click on the ship to inspect it. Sometimes it seems like the click doesn't take, or the locked ship switches to be a different one you moused over on the way there, but I haven't been able to nail that down enough yet to be sure I'm not just doing it wrong.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:12 am

mharmless wrote:
bjg wrote:It does appear, but only while the mouse is over it, so the recepy doesn't work (for me). Why don't you implement the same "question mark" mechanism as on the strategic map.

You have to click on the ship you want to inspect, it should get a little brownish-color border and continue to be shown at the bottom when you aren't hovering over it.

It shows than I click, but goes away than I move the mouse (after the click).

mharmless

Postby mharmless » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 am

bjg wrote:It shows than I click, but goes away than I move the mouse (after the click).

Yeah that happens to me a lot too; I usually try to path the mouse back down to that info box at the bottom without mousing over other ships, so I can click on it. Scrolling around so that the ship I want to see is at the bottom of the viewable area seems to work well.

halftea

Postby halftea » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Sometimes I have to manually move the window so the enemy ship I want to examine is directly near the target ship window before clicking on it for details. Otherwise I seem to lose lock for whatever reason, although it isn't consistent and there might only be a single enemy object on screen - not necessarily including an enemy planet I'm assaulting.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Looking at / switching between planets from the same system while in the "planetary" screen.
Needed quite often while deciding what to do next.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:14 pm

bjg wrote:Looking at / switching between planets from the same system while in the "planetary" screen.
Needed quite often while deciding what to do next.

When you're in the planet screen, the report in the bottom pane will usually have a star on the left side. Clicking on the star will replace the report in the lower pane with the solar system view, which lets you switch quickly back and forth between planets in the same system.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Arioch wrote:When you're in the planet screen, the report in the bottom pane will usually have a star on the left side. Clicking on the star will replace the report in the lower pane with the solar system view, which lets you switch quickly back and forth between planets in the same system.

That I have figured out, but it's not very convenient. Looking for a "one click" (or less - if some info is already there) solution.
Update: oops, I actually hadn't figured it out before. Thanks for the tip. It's not ideal, but better.
Last edited by bjg on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Is there a "one keystroke" way to switch from full screen to a windowed mode?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 pm

bjg wrote:Is there a "one keystroke" way to switch from full screen to a windowed mode?

The "Windows" button should do it. (Even on xp, I believe.)

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:37 pm

sven wrote:
bjg wrote:Is there a "one keystroke" way to switch from full screen to a windowed mode?

The "Windows" button should do it. (Even on xp, I believe.)

Suggestion stays, because it's a workaround. Thanks for the tip though, it works.

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 am

Is it possible to learn a new technology by scrapping a ship?
Why buying a marauder doesn't give you his technologies?
Is it planned to learn things from a captured planet (if there are new buildings there for example)?

Return to “Testing”