Diplomacy questions

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
nweismuller

Diplomacy questions

Postby nweismuller » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 am

Is there any method to gain influence as of yet? And what effects do embassies have- and what's required to get other empires to agree to trade embassies?

Arioch

Re: Diplomacy questions

Postby Arioch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:08 pm

nweismuller wrote:Is there any method to gain influence as of yet? And what effects do embassies have- and what's required to get other empires to agree to trade embassies?

Various actions and responses to requests reward small one-time amounts of influence. I think most of these ways to gain influence probably aren't working in your build yet, so it may be difficult at the moment to get over the hump to establish the agreements that provide regular influence income. In order to establish a Trade Charter you need to have good relations and enough influence (though some factions are more eager to start trading than others).

Embassies establish normal diplomatic relations between two factions; they provide a small amount of influence per turn and are a prerequisite for most other agreements. They allow you to stay in contact even if you move out of range, and allow you to and the other faction to share contacts, and allow you to see statistical information about the other faction. Embassies are dissolved on declaration of war or termination of diplomatic relations.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Arioch wrote:I think most of these ways to gain influence probably aren't working in your build yet, so it may be difficult at the moment to get over the hump to establish the agreements that provide regular influence income.

They're still broken as of this morning :oops: These mechanics should be coming online very soon though.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Ah, well, that would explain some things. 'Embassies being broken' would explain why nobody ever accepted me establishing embassies with them, heh.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm

What governs 'first impressions' with an alien species? I've noticed that it's possible to get yourself into a corner, influence-wise, if you establish early embassies and agreements with a neighbor that immediately declares war on you. 24 influence with no way to gain anymore is a bad sign for future diplomacy.

Edit: I suspect there should also be a larger pool of names for human refugee leaders. Having three different 'Administrator Abbots' in the game is a little surreal.

Return to “Testing”