Page 62 of 109

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 pm
by Arioch
Captainspire wrote: Do these update also affect/update on current saved games? I just reloaded the game at 1496, it captured the lasted bug/update fix, but the Ashdar ships still vanish at 1499.

There is no current fix for it; I was speaking of a potential fix.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:08 pm
by nweismuller
Blackscreen error while trying to check on planetary defense stats in combat; report uploaded in 'game_3166'.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:32 pm
by nweismuller
Text for Fusion technology claims Fusion adds one production per factory; empirical observation indicates it actually adds two production per factory. This should be made consistent, either by changing the text or the effects.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 pm
by zolobolo
Stellar Surge beam attack animation much longer then before - since steam update of today

Primary bean, railgun and other weapons do not show this symptom

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm
by Arioch
zolobolo wrote:Stellar Surge beam attack animation much longer then before - since steam update of today

While I agree that the animation is long, it's the same length as it was before (the length of the sound effect, which hasn't changed).

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 am
by Chasm
Ambient sound causing a lot of system hesitation mid to late game. Was seeing a hesitation of about 1 second per qued project, with the ambient planet sound effect resetting each time a project was put in (howling wind of a glacier world for example). Turning ambient off stopped this entirely. Ambient might be using a bit more resources then it should? I don't recall the sound effects resetting with each slotted project before, so that might be the cause of it ?

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am
by Chasm
About 40 turns farther in, game literally hangs and crashes out on founding a new colony. See game 3201 Colonize Achelus. Seeing extreme slowdown even with sound off (though turning it off helped). It DID NOT do this before. Seems related to founding a new colony in a new system. New colonies in established systems aren't having the issue.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 am
by Chasm
Game 3202 gremak were able to capture and keep a human light cruiser and space station, when I have not researched xeno engineering. See Enif system for light cruiser. Capture of both was done 2 turns prior. Currently researching xeno engineering.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:44 pm
by Chasm
Game 3204 as phidi able to capture and keep a human transport without having xenotech. See Elowar system.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 pm
by zolobolo
Arioch wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Stellar Surge beam attack animation much longer then before - since steam update of today

While I agree that the animation is long, it's the same length as it was before (the length of the sound effect, which hasn't changed).

Really? Don't recall it took so long. It seems like 6s or so. Even seems to have some wait time here and there - usually after the second attack when a planet is shooting at invading ships

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:46 am
by Awaras
Not sure if these are bugs or intentional...

When you colonize a planet with the Tarib species, and they revolt, the icon for the revolting pops is the same as the normal one, unlike the other species.

Image

I understand that they are probably silicon-based life forms, and that facial expressions are probably not their thing, but at least their 'eyes' might glow red or something...

Another thing, and I admit this is a nitpick -

Image
When fired, torpedoes have a greater range per turn than missiles of the same type, yet their movement animation is slower. If we assume that a single turn represents a certain fixed amount of time, this doesn't make much sense. It could be reasoned that the torpedoes are more massive than missiles, and so move more ponderously, but then they should have a shorter range than missiles, or it could be argued that because of their greater size they have more powerful engines, and thus move faster, but then their animation should be faster than the missile one, not slower...

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 pm
by zolobolo
The planetary pop indicator on top of the planet symbol seem off:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/350a3gsi9f1d5zi/Planet%20pop%20indicator.JPG?dl=0

Noticed this a couple of times but seems apparent in this scenario:
1. My ships are blockading the planet, and pop is starving, sill the light blue indicator is prognosis pop expansion. Shouldn't it be red or not present at all?
2. The ratio between dark blue bar and the total capacity of the bar should indicate how far the capacity has been populated right? But according to their current state the planet should be populated well above 50% to its capacity where in fact it is only populated at this point at around 28%

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 pm
by zolobolo
Yoral Frigates are able to initiate boarding action without boarding module

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18 pm
by Awaras
zolobolo wrote:The planetary pop indicator on top of the planet symbol seem off:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/350a3gsi9f1d5zi/Planet%20pop%20indicator.JPG?dl=0

Noticed this a couple of times but seems apparent in this scenario:
1. My ships are blockading the planet, and pop is starving, sill the light blue indicator is prognosis pop expansion. Shouldn't it be red or not present at all?
2. The ratio between dark blue bar and the total capacity of the bar should indicate how far the capacity has been populated right? But according to their current state the planet should be populated well above 50% to its capacity where in fact it is only populated at this point at around 28%


The ratio shows the progress to the next full pop. When the bar fills up the population increases by +1.

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 pm
by Arioch
Awaras wrote:When you colonize a planet with the Tarib species, and they revolt, the icon for the revolting pops is the same as the normal one, unlike the other species.

Image

I understand that they are probably silicon-based life forms, and that facial expressions are probably not their thing, but at least their 'eyes' might glow red or something...

Tarib have a "discontent" population graphic, but it looks like it's not being properly displayed.

Another thing, and I admit this is a nitpick -

Awaras wrote:When fired, torpedoes have a greater range per turn than missiles of the same type, yet their movement animation is slower. If we assume that a single turn represents a certain fixed amount of time, this doesn't make much sense. It could be reasoned that the torpedoes are more massive than missiles, and so move more ponderously, but then they should have a shorter range than missiles, or it could be argued that because of their greater size they have more powerful engines, and thus move faster, but then their animation should be faster than the missile one, not slower...

Larger missiles have more mass and more fuel. Real cruise missiles are much slower than real air-to-air missiles, but have many times the range.

That said, I think there's an argument to be made that torpedoes are a little bit too slow. We'll take a look at this when we get around to doing the holistic tactical weapons balance pass which we never seem to have time to get around to doing.