Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:52 am

silverkitty23 wrote:I cannot delete any save games from the 'load game' menu. I get a LUA error on a missing sound (I pressed "send bug report" on that a couple times, but redundantly posting here) and 'ignore' doesn't make the save game delete.

i believe this bug only happens if the game's Sound volume is set to 0. turning on sounds should fix it. (also, it the bug should be fixed in versions >21317, but depending on which build you're on, that may take a bit to roll out.)

thanks for the report.

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:57 am

zolobolo wrote:Following are recurring (should have been resolved according to feedback and change-log):

2. AI does not seem to build market places. I don1t recall them doing this but according to the log they should be and since the AI should be using the trade pool the same way the user does, it is an important building for their income and transport capacity (unless the later is scripted). Tested just now with normal AIs on large galaxy and for over 300 turns I have not seen any AI empire built marketplace yet

AI seems to have no problems building markets (at least in my games), though they tend to be few and worse, built on the wrong planets (e.g., planet that is mineral rich had all markets but the 4 other planets around it had all mines...)

bjg wrote:game_4561
A research from the queue ("Deflector Shields" in this case) was discovered from a derelict. The queue stopped after reaching it (asking to choose a research) instead of skipping over and continuing. BTW, some sort of "remove from the queue" functionality would be very useful.

Same happening in my games too

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:22 am

rustyi wrote:AI seems to have no problems building markets (at least in my games), though they tend to be few and worse, built on the wrong planets (e.g., planet that is mineral rich had all markets but the 4 other planets around it had all mines...)

Whitch race was building the Markers?
Are you sure that is not a former marauder planet?
Please also let me know the galaxy generation parameteres.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:36 am

The 'Starships Ready' dialogue for game start as Tinkers includes the section 'You can direct our colony ship to settle on Rastaban III, the arid third planet in our own star system, or you may prefer to wait to see if our scout can find a more hospitable target for colonization out in our stellar neighborhood.' This should probably be revised to not be directly copy-pasted from the Ashdar Colonials. :lol:

bjg

Postby bjg » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:16 pm

game_4569
On the Dinkelsen 4 I hit "defend" against harpies, gut faced Phidi (not my enemy) attacking me and harpies attacking Phidi (perhaps they where easier targets). I thought three-sides encounters where fixed recently.

BTW, since yesterday it takes several minutes to update or upload logs (with errors and retries).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 pm

bjg wrote:game_4569
On the Dinkelsen 4 I hit "defend" against harpies, gut faced Phidi (not my enemy) attacking me and harpies attacking Phidi (perhaps they where easier targets). I thought three-sides encounters where fixed recently.

Well, it was a different part of the 3+ sided logic that got fixed. I've pushed a patch that should address this case; but it's still on 'dev' atm. r21331.

bjg wrote:BTW, since yesterday it takes several minutes to update or upload logs (with errors and retries).

Yes, something is wrong. I think it's an AWS glitch. Not sure there's much I can do aside from rebooting the instance until it seems happier.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 pm

zolobolo wrote:
rustyi wrote:AI seems to have no problems building markets (at least in my games), though they tend to be few and worse, built on the wrong planets (e.g., planet that is mineral rich had all markets but the 4 other planets around it had all mines...)

As of r21182, AIs should be building some markets, but, they'll only do so if they find themselves in a state of some financial distress, and the placement algorithm isn't particularly sensible. I've made some more changes to the core improvement selection logic this morning, so in builds post r21336 (currently on dev), AIs should be a little more sensible about when and where they build markets.

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:48 am

zolobolo wrote:

Please also let me know the galaxy generation parameteres.

Tinkers built markets, not a former planet of anyone.
Galaxy params: huge (140 planets), ellipse, races:abundant, hab planets: abundant, pirates:normal, speed:normal

rustyi

Postby rustyi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 am

Game-breaking bug, ver 21345, uploaded: game_4580

Code: Select all

Lua state\Orders\relations.lua:403: missing required value: e1
Lua state\Orders\relations.lua:403:get_agreements:
 Lua state\Galaxy\alliance.lua:8:allied_empires:
  Lua state\AI\handlers\encounter_handlers.lua:114:
   Lua state\AI\handle_reports.lua:55:handle_report:
    Lua state\AI\handle_reports.lua:135:report_hint
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10: attempt to index local '(in)' (a nil value)
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10:do_rollover_sound:
 Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:27:
  Lua state\GUI\@EventDispatcher.lua:351:@EventDispatcher.lua:149:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\GalaxyMap.lua:837GalaxyMap.GalaxyMap :
 :

EDIT: upgraded to 21346 and continued game... same bug. restarting game to see if that has an effect
Yup. reproducible on different maps. upload: game_4582
EDIT#2: 21348 fixes! thanks :)
Last edited by rustyi on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:55 am

rustyi wrote:Game-breaking bug, ver 21345, uploaded: game_4580

Thanks for this one. It was introduced by an attempted fix for a bug bjg reported this morning.

A patch should be up on 'dev' (r21348).

bjg

Postby bjg » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:09 pm

bjg wrote:game_4561
A research from the queue ("Deflector Shields" in this case) was discovered from a derelict. The queue stopped after reaching it (asking to choose a research) instead of skipping over and continuing. BTW, some sort of "remove from the queue" functionality would be very useful.

It's getting worse - game 4585, the Adamantium Construction has been discovered from the derelict, but continues being "researched" (even after the "next turn").

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:31 am

Tried to speak to a Gremak mercenary leader I'm at war with, and the game crashed.
Bug report sent, "game 4591"

Lua state\Encounters\@discussion_util.lua:60: attempt to compare number with nil
Lua state\Encounters\@discussion_util.lua:60:suggest_peace:
 Lua state\Encounters\marauder_discussions.lua:383:
  Lua state\Encounters\faction_discussion.lua:247:setup_discussion_content:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@DiscussionOverlay.lua:292:
    Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@DiscussionOverlay.lua:297:regen_content

I know I've mentioned going into the game files, but the only file I've actually touched is for technology.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 am

akkamaddi wrote:Tried to speak to a Gremak mercenary leader I'm at war with, and the game crashed.

Went back to the auto save, progressed a few turns, and once again when I try to talk to Deja the Savage he just flips the table and trashes the place.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Second bug report sent, "game 4592".

Lua state\Encounters\@discussion_util.lua:60: attempt to compare number with nil

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:43 am

akkamaddi wrote:Tried to speak to a Gremak mercenary leader I'm at war with, and the game crashed.

I know I've mentioned going into the game files, but the only file I've actually touched is for technology.

This is a bug introduced by recent changes to diplomacy. There's a fix in the latest development builds; but the diff is fairly simple; change line 50 of @discussion_util.lua from

if their_empire.minor_faction

to

if their_empire.is_minor

This is a fairly serious bug, so I'm considering rolling out a hotfix with just this patch to Steam. Though from what I can tell, not too many people seem to be hitting it.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 am

akkamaddi wrote:Went back to the auto save, progressed a few turns, and once again when I try to talk to Deja the Savage he just flips the table and trashes the place.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

A hotfix for this one just went out to Steam+GoG galaxy. r21183. (You may need to restart steam to get the update). Please let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

Return to “Testing”