Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
wminsing

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby wminsing » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Ok new report, I think this one is legit, game upload is 1823.

Basic behavior is that I get to the point where I've run through all of my notifications and I hit end turn, and then I get a pop-up notification saying 'but there's a minor alien faction that wants to talk to you!?', which can be clicked on. I can do so and talk to the aliens; they so far have all been various rebel planets, Prime Ashdar and Orthin so far. Interesting enough, both of these rebel factions have the regular faction leader for their species. Also neither faction actually appears in the list of factions in the diplomacy list.

Edit: Also I 'encountered' at least one of these factions by systems being revealed via an alliance. Don't know if that makes any difference.

-Will

edited by sven: Should be fixed as of r18790. Thanks for the reports.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Changing production from garden to garden clears production accumulation, see upload 1826, world rigel 2

bjg

Postby bjg » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Chasm wrote:Changing production from garden to garden clears production accumulation, see upload 1826, world rigel 2

Confirming the behavior.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Fatal error, no idea why, game 1828

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Game 1829, fatal error purchasing phidi slaves as yoral, crash occurred on the where to send them screen.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 pm

This is a report from the Steam forums; the guy isn't able to run the game at all.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/464880/di ... 1482777457

edited by sven: We've figured it out. The main take away is that if you *really* want to do a clean reinstall in Steam, you need to delete the Stars in Shadow app directory by hand. And I need to be mindful that there's always a small chance of users who uninstalled the game in the ancient past reinstalling it, and still having very outdated files lurking around in their game directory.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Missile pathing is VERY odd now. Some aren't moving at all on the screen, but still are hitting targets. See game upload 1851, Battle for solanar (a few turns back)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Chasm wrote:Missile pathing is VERY odd now. Some aren't moving at all on the screen, but still are hitting targets. See game upload 1851, Battle for solanar (a few turns back)

Ug. Yes. The animation cases are getting complicated now -- as animation definitions that make sense for antimissiles can lead to bizarre results when applied to PD coilguns, and vice-versa. I've just pushed a patch (r18810) that I'm hoping leaves all the animations looking semi-reasonable, but please let me know if you run into any more of these glitches. There may well be additional edge-cases I haven't thought to check yet.

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:00 pm

game_1852: there is an orphan fleet left over from the Osada Brigade left over at Edix which cannot be attacked after the Osada Brigade was wiped out. Seemingly related to the fleet being en route when their home planet was attacked and conquered.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Gremak de-cloaking animation and venting not visible - if it has also been implemented together with the feature, it is not working yet
I have seen the reference here: http://stars-in-shadow.com/images/display.htm?x_stars_in_shadow__gremak_design_thumbnails.jpg

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:27 pm

If you remove a ship in the process of being refitted from the que, and then put it back in, all progress towards the refit is lost. A similar bug occurs if you remove a terraforming operation and reslot it, or if you put it in the que while it is slotted.

spitfire_ch

Postby spitfire_ch » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:46 pm

I run into a rare situation where production on a planet is locked, meaning it can't be changed and does not progress, neither. The queue says "cannot change" and "1 turn left". This however has been like that since many turns, and my empire is not running out of resources.

In game #1861, you'll see this problem in the Fimbul System (top right) on Fimbul I. The planet is trying to build a Stargate but cannot finish it or change the project.

Best regards and a Happy New Year (soon)!

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:20 pm

System names are always displayed with a small instead of a capital letter - even when renamed - if there are no disclosed planets in the system. Is this intentional? If yes, would an icon with a forward base or something similar above the upper right corner of the system name not be more obvious and better?

Positioning of the Space station when queued is off, tending to the bottom instead of in the middle

Enemy AI was quick to declare war on hardest difficulty but did not have any fleet ready to attack. It did have two colonies in the nearest system, but this system was maybe too far away for its other ships to reach it as it was only sending a transport and a colony ship there. Needless to say, these two colonies could be taken with ease.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:20 pm

zolobolo wrote:System names are always displayed with a small instead of a capital letter - even when renamed - if there are no disclosed planets in the system. Is this intentional? If yes, would an icon with a forward base or something similar above the upper right corner of the system name not be more obvious and better?

Systems which only have an Outpost rather than a colony are always displayed in lower-case. This is intentional.

zolobolo wrote:Positioning of the Space station when queued is off, tending to the bottom instead of in the middle

I don't notice this when playing at 1920x1080. What resolution are you using?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Arioch wrote:I don't notice this when playing at 1920x1080. What resolution are you using?

The same resolution as mentioned above: 1920x1080

Here is how it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e87ryvtbctz2cre/Space%20Station%20Spaceing.gif?dl=0

I am using the latest update of the Steam version
Behavior is new since the last two updates, but cannot tell you which one it was exactly

Return to “Testing”