Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Arioch

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Arioch » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:01 am

bjg wrote:game_1458 - some nasty looking error (the screen turns black). Is there no art to show "mining" in queue?

There is, but it's possible that the update didn't import it.

bjg

Postby bjg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Arioch wrote:
bjg wrote:game_1458 - some nasty looking error (the screen turns black). Is there no art to show "mining" in queue?

There is, but it's possible that the update didn't import it.

Thanks for that feature, BTW. Now mining colonies have something to do (other than transports). And the extra metal helps. :)

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Yup, looks like I forgot to configure art assets for the case of a queued-up mining activity. Should be fixed in r18033 (now posted to stable). Thanks for the report.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:50 am

sven wrote:

Yup, looks like I forgot to configure art assets for the case of a queued-up mining activity. Should be fixed in r18033 (now posted to stable).

Thanks, it is fixed. Related question - isn't it suppose to have some color (same as metal?) than showing in the planets list (like other projects do)? Now it almost looks like there is no project chosen.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:21 am

bjg wrote:
sven wrote:

Yup, looks like I forgot to configure art assets for the case of a queued-up mining activity. Should be fixed in r18033 (now posted to stable).

Thanks, it is fixed. Related question - isn't it suppose to have some color (same as metal?) than showing in the planets list (like other projects do)? Now it almost looks like there is no project chosen.

Sven probably just hadn't got around to assigning a color yet. I'd suggest the red-orange color of the metal and mine icons.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:53 am

Arioch wrote:
bjg wrote:Thanks, it is fixed. Related question - isn't it suppose to have some color (same as metal?) than showing in the planets list (like other projects do)? Now it almost looks like there is no project chosen.

Sven probably just hadn't got around to assigning a color yet. I'd suggest the red-orange color of the metal and mine icons.

Looks like I didn't get around to adding a color for the "Synthesize Food" activity either. Both it and mining should have solid bar colors in the latest 'stable' build r(18060). Thanks for catching this one bjg.

bjg

Postby bjg » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:59 pm

A "persistent" graphic artifact:
SiS_graphic_artifact.PNG
SiS_graphic_artifact.PNG (41 KiB) Viewed 13292 times

game_1462

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:17 am

Hmmm. Does it follow the fleet, or is it stationary with respect to the star? Does it zoom with the rest of the map?

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 am

Arioch wrote:Hmmm. Does it follow the fleet, or is it stationary with respect to the star? Does it zoom with the rest of the map?

It's stationary (not related to the fleet), zooms in and out with the map. Here it is zoomed out:
SiS_graphic_artifact_zoom.PNG
SiS_graphic_artifact_zoom.PNG (7.98 KiB) Viewed 13286 times

The short lines are "pseudo-moving", looking like a rectangular fleet "path" seen from a side.

bjg

Postby bjg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:28 am

If you have no current project on a planet and adding the first one using "queue" button (or right click) it's being added as "automated". Not sure if the AI can change it later (building something else instead).

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm

bjg wrote:A "persistent" graphic artifact:
SiS_graphic_artifact.PNG

game_1462

Bizarrely, that's not actually a bug, per se. It turns out that in this situation, there's a very small sliver of space around Nabek that it's not quite possible to reach using your current ship ranges. Thus, the animated ship range circles are showing a very thin outline around that unreachable area of space.

I don't see an easy fix for this one -- but please do let us know if you notice it happening in other games. There's various kinds of tweaks and adjustments we could try if the issue proves relatively common.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Please see game 1475, Scrapping outpost in fargone system after system was colonized causes a crash.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 pm

An outpost in orbit of a colonized world can be refitted, but CANNOT be renamed.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Sven is on the road, so it may take some time to get to these issues.

There's a lot of specific logic dealing with Outposts, so I'm not surprised that they can't be renamed, but the crash is, of course, alarming.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:14 pm

game 1491 , was able to capture and deploy a teros colony ship without having researched xeno engineering (you will need to go back a few turns, I did not realize it until tech list came up)

Return to “Testing”