Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
Chasm

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:28 am

Tinker Juggernaut mounts about 1/3 of its weapon mix in missiles/torpedoes. Should it not get built in munition storage like the human battleship (same class ship, human ship carries less missile compliment but has built in storage)?

nweismuller

Postby nweismuller » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:33 am

Chasm wrote:Tinker Juggernaut mounts about 1/3 of its weapon mix in missiles/torpedoes. Should it not get built in munition storage like the human battleship (same class ship, human ship carries less missile compliment but has built in storage)?

Unlike Humans, Tinkers get free in-battle ammunition replenishment. Maybe that makes up for the shallower magazines?

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:42 am

They do get built in storage on 2 classes of ships though.

fonzosh

Postby fonzosh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Planetary defence
Ive never had 3 lvls of planetary def and been attacked so I dont know if this is a bug or not. I have the original game without DLC (though, that wont be for long). I thought that every lvl of the planeatary def was seperate, so that, when you have researched 3 lvls you get 2+3+4 weapon slots. In the game I just finished, I got attacked for the first time on a planet that had 3 lvls built and only the third lvl of planetary def was active. If this is meant to be then the tech lvl is to high (according to me) for just an extra weapon slot. Should be something more like 2;4;6. If not, then it is bugged.

Enemy of my enemy achievement
I also finished the game in an alliance with the Yoral to achieve the "Enemy of my enemy" steam award but didnt get it. Something wrong?

Lost fighters?
This has happened to me several times. When you get into a fleet engagement with several carriers, some/all of the fighters turn invisible.

akkamaddi

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:07 pm

fonzosh wrote:Planetary defence
Ive never had 3 lvls of planetary def and been attacked so I dont know if this is a bug or not. I have the original game without DLC (though, that wont be for long). I thought that every lvl of the planeatary def was seperate, so that, when you have researched 3 lvls you get 2+3+4 weapon slots. In the game I just finished, I got attacked for the first time on a planet that had 3 lvls built and only the third lvl of planetary def was active. If this is meant to be then the tech lvl is to high (according to me) for just an extra weapon slot. Should be something more like 2;4;6. If not, then it is bugged.

I actually noticed this before Legacies was released. On the previous (official) build, only the highest level planetary defense was active. I think it is by design.

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Planet defense is Def 1 or Def 2 or Def 3, not all 3 at once.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Cannot scrap factories on planets where Machine Altar is present: The Altar will always be scrapped first

When invading planets with Railgun and missiles- auto-combat results in draw
This seems to be due to the new AI behavior of firing missiles first while staying behind which makes sense, but the AI needs to utilize siege weapons as well

This might be only a case for Tinkers though as their missile ammunition keeps regenerating, and the battle timer probably hits a max limit - EDIT: yep, watched the replay of the battle and it is due to the refilling munition of Tinkers. Since the ships never run out of them, they never close in for the Railguns to attack.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Do the Ashdar Seed suppose to retaliate when attacking their anomaly nodes?

I have been invading them (and only one more left) and since the Herald has issued a warning right at our first meeting that we should not dive deeper then we suppose to, I was expecting some scripted events or retaliation fleet.

We got an autopsy research boost from the second tier harpy ship, but otherwise have noticed no benefits from attacking and clearing the nodes themselves. Is it that there will be no more raiding harpy fleets coming out of that node?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Rioting pops turn back to their non-harmonized selves. This might be intended, but it seems to be a hard thing to pull off lore-wise and if not they do not have much to be disgruntled about ?)

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:35 pm

zolobolo wrote:Rioting pops turn back to their non-harmonized selves. This might be intended, but it seems to be a hard thing to pull off lore-wise and if not they do not have much to be disgruntled about ?)

I thought harmonized pops couldn't riot because they become immune to morale? (but I possibly misread/misunderstood the description of harmonization)

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:13 pm

silverkitty23 wrote:
zolobolo wrote:Rioting pops turn back to their non-harmonized selves. This might be intended, but it seems to be a hard thing to pull off lore-wise and if not they do not have much to be disgruntled about ?)

I thought harmonized pops couldn't riot because they become immune to morale? (but I possibly misread/misunderstood the description of harmonization)

Harmonized population are only immune to morale when in the presence of a Machine Altar. Without one they become Disconnected; Tinkers suffer yield penalties, and other races become susceptible to discontent. It is intended that they revert to "normal" discontent population; we could add a special "discontent cyborg" state (and we may do at some point), but that means a bunch of new art assets.

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:46 pm

if I hit "send bug report" is that all I need to do, or do you also like a post here? (game_5194 : some battle I wasn't even involved in broke because I have sound off and it couldn't load the launch fighers sound, which is like totally weird since I wasn't viewing the battle, either)

so I turned sound on, hit undo a few times, kept playing, but got

Code: Select all

Lua state\Actions\launch_fighter.lua:58: assertion failed!
Lua state\Actions\launch_fighter.lua:58:
 Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:67:
  Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:106:fire_weapons_h:
   Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:117:
    Lua state\AI\CloseAndAttack.lua:151:attack_as_able

game_5195 (I'm not sure if I misremembered the game # in the first sentence, or if it advanced my game #)

the first part of the error looks the same as the first report, but without the sound nil report

jtrowell

Postby jtrowell » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Since I started playing with the DLC, I got several of "stealthy" declarations of war, with various factions switching to a state of war (in some cases from a rather friendly relation) without any message for a declaration of war.

The First time it happened, I was in friendly relations with the phidly with all basic treaties active (embassy, trade and research) plus an open border when I lost contact with them due to a slaver raid killing the colony closest to me, and when I get contact back they were at war with me.

At first I tought that it was the loss of contact that triggerred some bug, but I have since got several other factions swtichting to a state of war without any message, and I only realized it thanks to the dotted lines marking their ship movement switching from grey to red (an useful feature :D ).

It's possible that the only bug is the lack of declaration of war message, now that I thinl about it I don't remember getting any "normal" declaration of war since the DLC, but I don't remember ever seeing the fish traders declare a war by themselves before that, so it might be more serious than that ?

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Arioch wrote:we could add a special "discontent cyborg" state (and we may do at some point), but that means a bunch of new art assets.

How about some other way around the issue of having to create additional assets for a single state concerning one race (and hopefully those that research harmonization the normal way, which I hope is possible):
1. Changing the effect of being disconnected from being sensitive to moral penalties again to starvation (as being the equivalent of not having farms). This would negate the need to create new assets altogether + it would still create a considerable penalty as no amount of trading fleet can negate the effect
2. Having a single disconnected cyborg art and explaining lore wise: These pops are irreversibly stuck between their cyborg and biological form. As they were desperately trying to return to the later form, they have lost all similarities with their original form and cannot be harmonized nor de-harmonized. They will fight fearlessly till their last man before they ever let anyone rule over them again. As for their visual representation: a feral-Halo Elite hybrid comes to mind suggesting both raw power and unhinged cybernetic augmentation
Last edited by zolobolo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

silverkitty23

Postby silverkitty23 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:33 am

game_5208 : cannot end current turn and proceed, every time does this:

Code: Select all

Lua state\Actions\launch_fighter.lua:58: assertion failed!
Lua state\Actions\launch_fighter.lua:58:
 Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:67:
  Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:106:fire_weapons_h:
   Lua state\Actions\fire_weapons.lua:117:
    Lua state\AI\CloseAndAttack.lua:151:attack_as_able
error : failed to resolve battle at Mendorn:
 Lua state\Orders\battles.lua:479:
  Lua state\Orders\battles.lua:467:
   Lua state\Orders\pending_attacks.lua:725:
    Lua state\Orders\pending_attacks.lua:977:resolve_all_pending_attacks:
     Lua state\Orders\end_year.lua:191:
      Lua state\Orders\end_year.lua:204
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10: attempt to index local '(in)' (a nil value)
Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:10:do_rollover_sound:
 Lua state\Sounds\looping_sounds.lua:27:
  Lua state\GUI\@EventDispatcher.lua:351:@EventDispatcher.lua:149:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\GalaxyMap.lua:838GalaxyMap.GalaxyMap :
 :

Mendorn is not a planet I'm at or can even see. and I turned sounds on (even though that's highly inconvenient for me because I prefer to play while listing to podcasts)

Return to “Testing”