Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Chasm wrote:Out of interest, what are the planetary ratios you are running? I would assume they are different dependent on habitability choice from the starter screen, but I admit to curiosity on the ratios and modifiers.

It's a bit complicated. The source code is "planet_decks.lua". But, the basic logic is that there are a number of "card decks" which most stars draw from to initialize their planets. First you draw from a deck that gives a number of planets, then another deck that gives "rarity" of each planet (either 'common' or 'rare'), and then the common and rare decks each contain some ratio of the different planet types / sizes. So, for example, a yellow star might draw 4 planets, 1 rare and 3 commons; the common draws might be 2 Medium Arids, and an Iceball, while the rare could be a Medium Garden. There's also a seperate deck for 'epic' planets, which includes Hive, Coral, and Paradise worlds, but, epic systems are sprinkled into the star setup in a different way.

Um... One interesting consequence of me responding to this question is that I've just realized that the 'common' deck used with the 'abundant habitable planets' setting contained way too many water worlds. It should be reset to something more reasonable as of r18578.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:12 am

New bug, Game 1625. Bit more serious this time. I'm trying to attack a Marauder owned planet (with the usual asteroid defense base). Everytime I select the attack action on the planet the game crashes with the error I sent. Let me know if you need more details. I'm unclear on if this is happening when attack non-Marauder planets, but I know it doesn't happen for combat in general.

-Will

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 am

wminsing wrote:New bug, Game 1625. Bit more serious this time. I'm trying to attack a Marauder owned planet (with the usual asteroid defense base). Everytime I select the attack action on the planet the game crashes with the error I sent. Let me know if you need more details. I'm unclear on if this is happening when attack non-Marauder planets, but I know it doesn't happen for combat in general.

I'm unable to replicate this bug -- it may be that a patch has gone out that fixed the issue since the last time you update. Would you try triggering an update by hand (using update.exe), and then let me know if the bug still occurs? Thanks.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:48 pm

More a question than a bug. I just started a Phidi game on Dev r18587 and I don't see the whats cool about the trade ship compared to the regular transport. It provides 15 instead of 8 "trade parcels" but costs nearly tripple in wrenches and metal.
Whats the trick? I tried putting a science station in the additional system slot and make beakers in the trade pool, but that didn't work :D

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Right now the Phidi trader isn't useful; it costs more than two normal transports.

We have in mind an "active trading" mechanism for the Phidi, in which having a trade with two cargo slots would be more useful, but it's not clear whether we'll have time to get it done for the initial release. In any event we'll adjust the costs to make the trader worthwhile.

wminsing

Postby wminsing » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:34 am

I'm unable to replicate this bug -- it may be that a patch has gone out that fixed the issue since the last time you update. Would you try triggering an update by hand (using update.exe), and then let me know if the bug still occurs? Thanks.

That appears to have done it!

-Will

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:35 pm

r18587 DEV, game_1632

Code: Select all

Lua state\Orders\encounters\marauder_raiders.lua:267: attempt to call field 'positive' (a nil value)
Lua state\Orders\encounters\marauder_raiders.lua:267:
 Lua state\Orders\encounters.lua:128:current_dialog_tree:marauder_raiders:
  Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@SystemEncounterReport.lua:213:
   Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@ReportIcons.lua:807:init_report_layouts:
    Lua state\GUI\~GalaxyMap\@ReportIcons.lua:766:report_elements
warning! missing function callback for key "156"
warning! missing function callback for key "11"
warning! missing function callback for key "316"
warning! missing function callback for key "281"

Some marauders are "visiting" my colony on Thorsz. Since they brought transports with raider units, I think they are not here for sightseeing :lol:

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:03 am

SirDamnALot wrote:"Some marauders are "visiting" my colony on Thorsz. Since they brought transports with raider units, I think they are not here for sightseeing :lol:

Should be fixed as of r18600 (currently on 'dev'). Essentially, the Marauders made it to your colony, got a good look at the heavily-armed battle-station waiting for them, and decided that their plans required some adjustment :) Unfortunately, their dialog tree didn't quite understand how to handle that case. Easy fix though. Thanks for the testing.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 am

sven wrote:
SirDamnALot wrote:"Some marauders are "visiting" my colony on Thorsz. Since they brought transports with raider units, I think they are not here for sightseeing :lol:

Should be fixed as of r18600 (currently on 'dev'). Essentially, the Marauders made it to your colony, got a good look at the heavily-armed battle-station waiting for them, and decided that their plans required some adjustment :) Unfortunately, their dialog tree didn't quite understand how to handle that case. Easy fix though. Thanks for the testing.

Haha, yes, I rush bought the ground defenses and battle station after the Gremak were on the move. It's good to be rich :D

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:29 pm

In tactical combat after winning a battle. On the victory summary, I have the option to continue to the galaxy map or retry the encounter.
But clicking on "retry" does only close the summary window. I'm still in tactical combat on my winning move. Only option is to click "next turn", which brings the victory summary again.

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:00 pm

game_1648 - r18609 Dev,
I invaded the Gremak Raider base Greymoran IV. The colony has more improvment slots than it should have (currently 9, allowed are 5).
Scaling of the glyphs is slightly off (windowed mode) and scrapping an improvment does not free a slot until I am down to 4 improvements.
slots.png
slots.png (153.93 KiB) Viewed 15375 times

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm

SirDamnALot wrote:game_1648 - r18609 Dev,
I invaded the Gremak Raider base Greymoran IV. The colony has more improvment slots than it should have (currently 9, allowed are 5).
Scaling of the glyphs is slightly off (windowed mode) and scrapping an improvment does not free a slot until I am down to 4 improvements.

Oops. Looks like thecode for handing the marauder's economic development has a bug that can cause it to keep spawning new improvements without limit. Should be fixed in the next patch. Nice catch :)

SirDamnALot

Postby SirDamnALot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Some turns later in the same game, I found Gaia. But as a Gremak Raider world without the Gaianids. Seems the Snakes have eaten the tree hippies :lol:

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that the Marauders are getting more aggressive in the early game, and taking planets instead of just raiding them. I personally like it. (Especially as the Gremak player when they turn all that booty over to me. :D)

Chasm

Postby Chasm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:17 am

Since humans get a human pirate attacked me penalty, shouldn't also the gremak get a gremak marauders took my colonists penalty? Especially since the marauders actually hit worlds, the humans just homestead.

Return to “Testing”