Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm

theoneo wrote:Putting a maneuvering engine on any orbital (like a shipyard or fleet base) allows it to retreat from combat, which puts it out of orbit and retreats it like any other ship. This then allows the orbital to move around between systems like normal ships.

:oops: That's a real oversight. Should be fixed as of r38739 (current on the "in_development" on Steam). Thanks for the report.

Centurion XXI

Postby Centurion XXI » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Получил вот такую ошибку. I got such error.
Attachments
SiS_error.jpg
SiS_error.jpg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 25821 times

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Centurion XXI wrote:Получил вот такую ошибку. I got such error.

Thanks for the report. Could you upload the game where this is happening? (Say by hitting the "SEND BUG REPORT" button when the error pops up?)

Centurion XXI

Postby Centurion XXI » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Конечно. Sure 8) Рад был помочь! I was glad to help! [Report Sent: "game_9434"] Я попытался нажать вот здесь. I tried to click here:
Attachments
SiS_error_screen.jpg
SiS_error_screen.jpg (538.48 KiB) Viewed 25813 times

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Centurion XXI wrote:I tried to click here:

Thanks again for the upload and repeatability pattern. This bug should be fixed in the next patch (specifically, it's fixed by r38751).

Centurion XXI

Postby Centurion XXI » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:10 pm

sven wrote:This bug should be fixed in the next patch (specifically, it's fixed by r38751).

Cкачалось обновление для моей GOG-версии игры. Всё работает просто отлично 8) Спасибо!

An update for my GOG version of the game has been downloaded. Everything works just fine 8) Thank You!

ZincAlloy

Postby ZincAlloy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:45 am

Weird interaction with accepting peace here, for some reason I lose control of my outpost at Haldor, despite there being no Orthin ships in the system. Is this because I was invited to war by the Humans, and thus the humans are choosing to cede my outpost?

Uploaded as game_9445
Attachments
2020-07-19 23_38_51-Window.png
2020-07-19 23_38_51-Window.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 25733 times
2020-07-19 23_39_04-Window.png
2020-07-19 23_39_04-Window.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 25733 times
2020-07-19 23_39_15-Window.png
2020-07-19 23_39_15-Window.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 25733 times

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:04 pm

ZincAlloy wrote:Weird interaction with accepting peace here, for some reason I lose control of my outpost at Haldor, despite there being no Orthin ships in the system. Is this because I was invited to war by the Humans, and thus the humans are choosing to cede my outpost?

Thanks for the report. This is a bug that resulted from my rewriting of some of the AI peace offer handling logic. My new code had a 0 where it should have had a 1, and as a result, the Orthin were showing the wrong peace offer text. In this situation, they should have demanded that you cede Haldor in return for peace. (The Orthin think pretty highly of their own position here because they're doing so well against the humans, and haven't taken many losses from your fleet yet.)

I've posted a fix to "in_development", but, this is a serious enough issue I may need to hotfix live as well.

edit: I did post a hotfix to 'live'.

ZincAlloy

Postby ZincAlloy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Ah, that makes sense. Honestly, glad to hear they were demanding something (even if it was a useless outpost.) The Orthin were definitely outgunning me (Phidi? Researching military tech? Never! :P) so demanding systems for peace was the smart AI thing to do.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:59 pm

When accepting the Tinker peace offer, the player stance towards another one of its enemy: the Yoral changes also to peace

Tinkers and Yoral are not in allaince which might cause this indirect effect - accordng to the new diplo screen rthey ahve a yellow line in between them, assume this only means they have trade deal

save_9449

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:11 pm

zolobolo wrote:When accepting the Tinker peace offer, the player stance towards another one of its enemy: the Yoral changes also to peace

Tinkers and Yoral are not in allaince which might cause this indirect effect - accordng to the new diplo screen rthey ahve a yellow line in between them, assume this only means they have trade deal

On stardate 1351, the Yoral declared war on you for "your persecution of the kind Tinkers". They did this because the Tinkers requested their help against a mutual threat (your Ashdar alliance). So for the duration of the war, the Tinkers and the Yoral have been "in coalition", which means not formally allied, but, still cooperating against a common foe. "Coalition" states are a new thing, I added them when I was reworking the peace offer logic last month. They're necessary, I think, to prevent some strange edge cases that otherwise come up when resolving peace offers.

That said -- coalition states aren't very well advertised in game. The only way you can tell if two AIs are acting in coalition is to pay close attention to the declare war and peace offer text -- which will mention something about their reasons for wanting war/peace. The yellow line visualization you noticed means "in coalition", but, it's actually a dev feature that will only be visible if you've switched on the hidden "ai dev" option (which I assume you have).

When the Tinkers sue for peace on stardate 1356, they do say that they're suing for peace "on behalf of the Tinker-Yoral coalition". So.... long story short, I think this is all working "as intended", but it's a new feature, and perhaps not as clear as it could be.

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:03 am

Fired SiS after a while, and star system names and fleet ETA turns seem to be uncomfortably small now on my 1280x1024 display, no matter at what zoom. They were perfect beforehand. Could the recent 4K display-related updates be responsible?

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:21 am

PrivateHudson wrote:Fired SiS after a while, and star system names and fleet ETA turns seem to be uncomfortably small now on my 1280x1024 display, no matter at what zoom. They were perfect beforehand. Could the recent 4K display-related updates be responsible?

Yes! It could be. When making the 4k changes, I "normalized" the scaling of the starmap elements on both lower and higher resolution displays. In retrospect, this was probably an overly simplistic approach. Making the small text bigger on 4K displays probably made sense, but, making the small text smaller on low res displays was likely a mistake. It's not a hard thing to fix -- basically just a question of replacing one scale variable with another. I just need to find some free time to make it happen...

PrivateHudson

Postby PrivateHudson » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:35 am

No hurry at all, the game is still perfectly playable.

zolobolo

Postby zolobolo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:24 pm

sven wrote:When the Tinkers sue for peace on stardate 1356, they do say that they're suing for peace "on behalf of the Tinker-Yoral coalition". So.... long story short, I think this is all working "as intended", but it's a new feature, and perhaps not as clear as it could be.

Gotcha: it all makes sense then :)

Yeah it did cross my mind that the yellow line might ave something to do with it but associated it with trade agreement due to the color

It is good that it is not visible per default as the coalitions as you have described it situational a facton might have several coalition partners agaisnt different races and you cannot tell agaisnt whom a particular yellow line has been established

To telegramm clearly why someone ripped out automaticl peace with the player I suggest sending them a diplomacy message:
"Your cease of hostilities with XY is joy to our hearts and minds, and we are happy to cease all hostilities in the noble effort to secure lasting peace"

It is a bit odd of course to have war declared on you and then being deprived of the satisfaction of conequering the faction who declared war on you withouth you havent the chance to "accept" their offer but since there are no large penalteis in thisgame for declaring war on someone it is fine. Just notify the player if possible what is going on :)

Return to “Testing”