Report - Current Bugs and Issues

A forum for chatting about in-development game features.
sven
Site Admin

Re: Report - Current Bugs and Issues

Postby sven » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Unbroken wrote:In my case as the Teros, I used the Intercept feature to capture a Phidi colony ship, where they were trying to colonize an Arid world. The world in question showed a max. pop of 4, however the 'real' value (for the Phidi ship) is actually 2.

Yes, as you've pointed out, this is working as intended. The tricky thing here, is that the true maximum capacity of a planet is dependent on the species living on it, but, the UI needs to choose 1 number to show to the player in the system summery display. Showing the pop cap implied by the player's species, for an empty planet, and then adjusting that cap as needed once the planet is settled, seems like the most workable compromise. But, having a little on-hover pop slot bonus / penalty preview near the colonize button, in cases where the colony ship in system is going to do better or worse than the player's native species would, would probably be a good piece of UI polish.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Unbroken wrote:When one captures an enemy colony ship, it stops behaving like a colony ship you build yourself except in the system in which you captured it - the game will not flag or prompt you to colonize/disembark; you have to do so manually through the ship's info screen.

This sounds like a bug -- I'll see if I can replicate it. Thanks for the report.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 am

Viper torpedos halt there movement when they hit a planet, damage happens but torpedos are static. pulsons ok.

do bombers get energy torpedo tech?

casqouro

Postby casqouro » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:23 am

Game Setup: Game Settings:

Issue: The 2nd faction's icon is re-drawn in a slightly different location when adding/removing a faction, or when changing the playfield size, which results in a small but noticeable up/down wiggle.

Repro:

1. Start a new game and selection any faction
2. Under "Map Size" click on playfield size "Small"
3. The icon is redrawn slightly lower

OR

1. Start a new game and selection any faction
2. Under "Advanced Faction Settings" click "Remove", twice, to remove the 5th, and then 4th factions
3. The icon is redrawn slightly lower

halftea

Postby halftea » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm

When double clicking on a specific ship type, it seem to only grab the ships in the current screen, even if I have others of the same type above or below the visible area.
I know I should just zoom the tactical window out as a workaround, but sometimes that's a bit hard to do when I'm on a laptop. (No scroll wheel). This is consistently reproducible, so I can upload video/screenshots if needed.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 am

halftea wrote:When double clicking on a specific ship type, it seem to only grab the ships in the current screen, even if I have others of the same type above or below the visible area.
I know I should just zoom the tactical window out as a workaround, but sometimes that's a bit hard to do when I'm on a laptop. (No scroll wheel). This is consistently reproducible, so I can upload video/screenshots if needed.

So this was actually intended as a feature -- if you're trying to queue up a move order, accidentally selecting a ship you can't see can cause trouble. But, it's probably a feature that's hurting more than it helps. I've turned it off as of build r13843.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm seeing some visual artifacts on some ships on the map. Yoral, Gremak, but not Orthin or Teros.
Attachments
Drive Flares.jpg
Drive Flares.jpg (125.85 KiB) Viewed 33988 times
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:I'm seeing some visual artifacts on some ships on the map. Yoral, Gremak, but not Orthin or Teros.

Interesting. I moved some new engine plume effects out of 'dev' yesterday, and it appears that they have rendering issues on your Radeon HD 5800. Do similar glitches appear in the Yoral and Gremak ship graphics inside tactical battles? Or inside the ship status panes? Thanks for the report.

edited: Just posted a hotfix to 'stable'. Let me know if you still see the issue post r13885.

Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:09 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it looks like Extra Munitions cost 20 power, at least on a Star Base.
Summer grasses
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams - Basho

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Gyrfalcon wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it looks like Extra Munitions cost 20 power, at least on a Star Base.

opps. should be fixed in the next 'stable' build. (anything >=r14074).

evil713

Postby evil713 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:29 am

Gremak starting designs have viper launchers installed before you have the tech to build them yourself.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 am

Dev bug. Transport ships start making money as soon as they are assigned rather than three turns later.

sven
Site Admin

Postby sven » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 pm

evil713 wrote:Dev bug. Transport ships start making money as soon as they are assigned rather than three turns later.

This is actually an intentional mechanics change. Transports are now doing 3 different things

1) They move food around your empire, so, having too few can trigger starvation.
2) They make money via trade (technically, your raw trade income is whatever extra cargo space you have, after carrying around food).
3) They can be called on to move around civilians.

Making people wait 3 turns to have starvation eliminated felt excessive -- so, food transport is a benefit that you get instantly. Because trade income is basically just "extra food transport space", you get that instantly as well. The 3 turn delay for population motion still applies -- though, honestly, I'm not certain it really needs to. The delay is basically just there to stop strange situations where civilian transports are effectively "teleporting" across the map in 0 time, but it is an awkward mechanic, and even with a 3 turn delay, it's still certainly possible to find situations where civilian transports are moving around the map much faster than they ought to be able to.

Arioch

Postby Arioch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:52 pm

I think the delay for pop transport is still appropriate.

evil713

Postby evil713 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:18 pm

dev bug, maybe, have discovered wrecked ship in system I already have colonized by scout ship. I think this may be second time I have discovered said ship in same system. have uploaded logs.

Return to “Testing”